PENN

mrtonx

Oct 19, 2015
Huntington Beach CA
Name
Ton
Boat
22 Ft CC
We left Sunset Aquatic Marina 5 PM and take 2 scoop live squid at Nacho bait headed to 81 trying to target some bluefin because of some report in last week there. Finally get there around 8PM but can't stay there though the night because the swell keep throwing hard. I saw the lights of 30-40 boats around the 81 but I want to leave because some of my friends started to feed the bluefin ;) . We anchor in Pyramid Cove until morning and I starting fishing around Pyramid cove for yellowtail at 7AM . The fishing very slow in early morning but more and more action in afternoon. Mostly yellowtail 6-15 lbs, we got a nice halibut. A charter boat fished right next to me and leave with nothing but I keep changing the position around the spot and keep it near the kelp maybe that help?

We finish at 12PM and leave to Catalina for some diesel because only got 1/3 tank left.
Great fun day all around. Thanks for reading !!

terry.jpg

Last edited:

thrasher949

Nov 18, 2010
San Clemente, CA
Name
Jeff
Boat
Parker 23
I was on the Amigo, we left SCI do to poor conditions. Almost zero current, cooler water temps and very little response to chum. Tried Pyramid and up the line to purse sein on the lee side. Headed southwest to pound the bluefin, they didnt really cooperate until the night bite. Fish 20-50lbs, bit the sinker, flat falls, stick baits and knife jigs.

Upvote 0

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
Congrats on the yellowtail, two question, price of diesel at Catalina fuel dock and make and model diesel boat were you on that does not have SCI range.

Reactions: mrtonx
Upvote 0

mrtonx

Oct 19, 2015
Huntington Beach CA
Name
Ton
Boat
22 Ft CC
Congrats on the yellowtail, two question, price of diesel at Catalina fuel dock and make and model diesel boat were you on that does not have SCI range.
First offshore on my new 40 sport fish. I bring 277/400 gallons and only have 120 left at SCI so I need 60 more at Catalina to get back. They are pricy $5.25/gallon.
Next trip will be full tank for sure.

Reactions: feeshkilla

John56434

Idk what to name dis
Aug 1, 2019
West side
Name
John
Boat
Fishing boat
I was on the Amigo, we left SCI do to poor conditions. Almost zero current, cooler water temps and very little response to chum. Tried Pyramid and up the line to purse sein on the lee side. Headed southwest to pound the bluefin, they didnt really cooperate until the night bite. Fish 20-50lbs, bit the sinker, flat falls, stick baits and knife jigs.
Did you see socal fishing forecast guy jeff?

Upvote 0