Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
Jun 5, 2012
La Mesa
Name
Jeff
Boat
Sea Pro 170DC
Took the new and improved fiasco out for the first trip of the year out to the local banks. Plan was to head to the 371 and see what we see. Was loaded for tuna and yellowtails.
Got a somewhat late start getting into the water at 0630. Hit the bait barge at 0700ish and not a soul inline. Pulled straight up got the half scoop and was out in a minute. A good sign to come now that I think about it.
The ride out was a little lumpy for the first 30 minutes and the sky was dark and overcast. Was starting to wonder when I was going to have to turn around due to weather. It never happened luckily.
Stopped on a couple of dry patties west of the canyon for nada. The third patty was a winner though. First bait in was picked up after a moderate soak and lost to a broke knot. Was using 20 lb floor and #4 hooks. Patiently retied and the next bait was picked up quick. Considering the broke knot and 20lb line I just let the fish tire himself out and eventually landed the first pelagic on my little skiff in over a year. It was a happy moment for sure. Next bait in the water was picked up quickly again and after a longer battle I farmed a second fish due to a pulled hook. No worries though as the 4th and 5tj baits did the job and two.lore were landed. The party dried up after that.

Tooled around for another couple of hours trolling about for nothing. Stopped on a few more dry patties on the way in.

Today was a good day.

PXL_20210515_161925379.jpg

PXL_20210515_161837631.jpg

PXL_20210515_161824971.jpg

Upvote 0

Sddannyboy

May 5, 2021
San diego
Name
Danny
Boat
18’ center console
Good report! How big is your skiff? I got an 18’ center console a couple months ago in hopes of getting offshore for some yellowtail and tuna and have been doing a lot of boat work getting her up and running.

Reactions: Fearlessfiasco
Upvote 0

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
Jun 5, 2012
La Mesa
Name
Jeff
Boat
Sea Pro 170DC
Good report! How big is your skiff? I got an 18’ center console a couple months ago in hopes of getting offshore for some yellowtail and tuna and have been doing a lot of boat work getting her up and running.

I'm working out of a 17' Sea Pro dual console. About 28 years old now. Just repowered with the Yamaha F70.

I've done loads of work over the last couple of years as well.

Not sure why the pic didn't load the first time.

PXL_20210416_195159225.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zika and Sddannyboy
Upvote 0

Latest posts