Boat
FAT Cat / RIP Icon
Short Report:
28 Anglers
Boat totals: 29
My bag: 1 cuda and 1 rockfish
Water conditions: Clean water and warm!
Equipment:
(yo yo)Performance tackle wrapped Phenix PHD 760X2H / Talica 12II 65# izorline brutally strong spectra to 50# blue label fluoro / Kicker 25 heavy with Owner 4x hooks
(surface iron) Performance tackle wrapped Phenix Abyss 1009 / Shimano Jigger 2000 65# izorline Brutally strong spectra to 40# XXX izorline copolymer / Kicker 25 light with Owner 4x hooks and Salas 7x mint swirl

Long report:
Went with the best in the West. Hands down, Ryan and the crew put in work. He worked hard all day and stayed out longer than usual to try and put more fish on the boat. Live bait was the better choice today. I reluctantly stayed with the iron. I didnt even get looked at. We had huge sardines and mini macks. They are still out and about under the birds and feeding on micro bait. I cant complain. I saw people hooking up on fish and thats all that matters, I had a good time and I wouldnt have spent it any other way than fishing with Ryan and the boys of the SD!

Good luck out there and stay hydrated!

*shakka*

Upvote 0

dorado50

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
DAVID
Boat
BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
That's some serious equipment to be catching cuda and rockfish with!

Upvote 0

ftsleepad

Almost A Member
Oct 9, 2009
Torrance, CA, USA
Name
Paul
Boat
Nada
Happy Birthday Chris. Saw that pic I took of you in WON. You'll get em next week. Come fish out of 22nd. Went on the Bajafish charter yesterday on the Truline and went 8 for 9. We made like a scoop and a half of squid at Cat but thankfully the fish were eating the iron too. Bout half the fish on iron and rest on sliders and leadheads.

Upvote 0

alex morataya

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 14, 2007
Burbank
Name
Alex
Boat
none
thanks for the report. you've been on a serious roll and I'm pretty sure if you had switched you would have gotten your limit.
you were being nice and giving other a chance to catch some tails. way to stay with the iron.
you'll nail them next time! no better way to spend your birthday than fishing on your favorite boat!

thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0