5/13 LJ 260lb thresher

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by knotfornothing, May 15, 2006.

1. knotfornothing

knotfornothing Newbie

Name:
    Anthony
    Boat:
    18' CC "0 for 2"
    By now you guys are probably sick of seeing the shark postings but I got mine on Saturday. Launched from MB at 6 ampicked up a nice scoop of dines mixed with macks. Got out and saw 15-20 boats working a bait ball bout 1.5 miles out, figured too much boat traffic in the area so continued to head NW. Hooked up a bait-o-matic with a nice 9" mack trolled at 3 knots. Within 20 minutes hear the clicker go off. FISH ON! 100 yards behind the boat this thing surface thrashing around. Immediately she runs. Took 1.5 to get it to the boat. Had to call for assist to get her in the boat but pretty much got the replies I thought I would from you fucking guys. I got a "threshers are illegal to keep, cut the line" got a "jump in the water for leverage" and whole bunch of giggling on ch 69 and 72. Thanks fuckers:finger: . Dragged this thing for a while until we saw some friend that helped us boat it. Didnt catch your names but thanks a lot guys. Wish I could've given more bait and such but to tell you the truth I was out of it at that point. On the way back in saw Matty Jones - Nice boat Matty all the best with it. She went 260 lbs. Back to the docks to weigh her 4 hours after hookup.

shark51306.jpg shark513061.jpg shark513062.jpg shark513063.jpg shark513064.jpg shark513065.jpg

2. Reel Fin-Atic

Reel Fin-Atic Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    1851 Seaswirl
    Hope you guys have recovered after your battle with Mr. T. We guessed it would go 200 lbs. when we saw you on the water. No wonder if was tough to muscle it in with a broken gaff and all. It was great to see the pics - I'll share them with my crew. Hopefully, we'll get ours this weekend.

3. MM2

MM2 thunnus

Name:
    charlie
    Boat:
    26'PACEMAKER SPORTFISHER "CORAZON"
    peen reel? single speed, what kind of rod? 260 lbs.:notworthy :notworthy nice catch with old school technology Now thats really fishin' right-on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MM2

4. Jason

Jason I break stuff @ BD Admin

Name:
    Jason
    Broken gaff?

5. Double Z

Double Z Newbie

Name:
    Harry S. Stamper
    Boat:
    Nope
    That's a big bitch right there!

6. DeVo

DeVo Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Kris DeVo
    Boat:
    Mini jet boat
    Thats a big bitch....nice fish dude!!!!!

7. MurderInc.

MurderInc. Newbie

Name:
    Bob LeRoy
    Boat:
    26 Grady white (Relentless)
    Way to go Brother "GO JETS" YEE!! HAA!!

8. knotfornothing

knotfornothing Newbie

Name:
    Anthony
    Boat:
    18' CC "0 for 2"
    Mike! My man, thanks for the help bro! Couldnt have done it without you guys. Good luck this weekend - if you guys need anything on Saturday just call.

GO FUCKING JETS! Bob - see you've been murderin them this past week. Good on ya. I'll be out Fiday and Saturday to see whats happenin, maybe hunting MR. WSB. I'll be on channel 72. The boat is the 0 for 2 - If you guys are out hit me up.

The rod is custom - "Purple Haze" by J.R. Jones. Ultra light weight 50-80lb class and yes we broke the fucking gaff. It is a "Safe-T-Gaff" patented by a friend of a friend. Never tested on something that big. Needless to say we're getting a new one free.