Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
  • Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat Name
    Wanting a bigger boat
    After what ended up turning into a really long day, I just now sat down to relax.

Got up at 2 am, left the house at 2:30, and launched the boat at 3 am and made the run out to the tuna grounds. Weather was a little bumpy so we cruised comfortably in the dark at 18knots. At 4:30 we arrived to the zone and started looking around. At 5:00, the sun came up so we deployed a madmac and a maurader and worked the zone. We worked the 499, snail bank, all the way to the mackeral bank. That ridge was loaded with fish. At 6:30, we came across our first former and they were big. We saw a few fish pushing what looked 250 pounds so I set the kite out quickly to no prevail. From 6:30-8:30 we trolled 2 mad macs and a yummie flyer at 13 mph. At 8:45 we had 3 big blow ups on the yummie but none of them stuck. By 9;00 our troller starts screaming at 250 yards out… BITERRRRRR. Quickly I slam the kite rod into full speed retrieving the kite as fast as possible. After that dad finished with the 2 kite rods, Bryan reeled in his triller, and I hopped on the bit rod keeping it tight. After about 15 minutes I reached the spliced topshot and call out deep color. After putting the boat in neutral, dad and Bryan stand by for the gaff job, nailing headshots. After exchanging high-fives and excitement, we got our lines back out to go for a second fish. After seeing hundreds of boils all day, we were unfortunate and couldn’t get any more bites. By 12:00 we started working our way home knowing the wind was supposed to come up. We got our butts handed to us the last 5 miles of the trip. 22 mph winds with 4 foot swells is not fun in a 23 foot pilot house.

Overall, with these last 2 months jam packed with fishing, it was a nice last hurrah of a trip. Good chance this was my last trip until December…
    Until next time,
    Logan
    BA8E1B47-4625-4994-9840-E2EFEEA526A7.jpeg
    6B1D54A9-F96B-4537-B12C-0B36EF76D194.jpeg
    4989A6BF-36D2-4A76-AD99-B9A3B8E93960.jpeg

Upvote 0

Tugboat64

• Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat Name
    Wanting a bigger boat
    Nice! Weather has been strange lately. The wind and the swells can be a bit intimidating at times. At least you have a pilothouse. It gets a bit wet and wild on a center console.
    Been in the game a longgggg time. Had my fair share of wet rides on center consoles. I wish these pilot houses had some sort of ac, when you lock the doors with 3 dudes in a 23 ft pilot house it gets really warm

Upvote 0

Tugboat64

• Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat Name
    Wanting a bigger boat
    lock the doors??? I look at it as a free boat wash.....
    I just scrub the boat, fly kites from time to time, and listen to the boss. He wanted the door shut so he got it shut. He pays the bills, I just create his bills lol. In all seriousness, the wind was pushing the water coming over the house back into the cabin soaking our third passenger so we shut the back door

Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
    Aug 16, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Name
    Jeff Dalton
    Boat Name
    21' Parker/So Cal Saltwater Militia
    Solid effort for sure!!

Upvote 0