Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
my friend MR bob Baker,El bob¨,änd his friend Steve¨Da´ranger¨,were here in sq for a few days of R&R and some fishing,on wenday it look´d kinda bad,but we went to the beach and,wile there was some wind the water look´d great,it look snotty this morning,so we headed to san martin island to fish the lee side and keep out of the weather for a bit,we started balldraggind around the light house and eb bob,drew fist blood with a nice 16 pounder and again with a yellowtail that hit the hootchey,then steve da´ranger turn,he put a nice fish on the boat,then onother,after that tinghs slow down for a bit,around mid day the sun pop out and the day turnd reel nice,el bob put onother 14 or pounder on the boat and right after that da´ranger got slam´d hard and after a bit of a tosul her landed and awsome fish that weigh in at 48.74,the smaller big fish was 25.50,the other 4 fish w´re in the 12 to 17 pound range,the water tem was 56.7 at 7 AM and afetr the sun came out things settle down reel nice,thanks bob and steve for a few unforgetable days on the baja.
this halibut bite is just getting going and the tails should start showing around the island,if youre interested if fishing for some i´ve some openings in early june and late may,you may want to try youre luck at some of this lunker fish,goodluckgoodfishing.

Attachments

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
heres a couple more pics.

Attachments

nick17yz

TUNA TOKER
Nov 6, 2008
SEEKER RODS
Name
Nick Rekrut
Boat
Longrange
reeeeeeel nice cappy!!

Red Drum

Paradiddle-diddle
Mar 15, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Name
Capt. Vinnie
Boat
Big Drum-2300 Seaswirl Striper...Red Drum-1500 Duroboat
Excellent bounceball Flattie fishing Captain Juan. WTG!

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
You gunna show us your secret hoochie rigging technique? :food-smiley-014:

Grand Slam

Sep 27, 2006
Poway, CA.
Name
Bob Hughes
Boat
20 ft. Custom Sportfisher
way to get er done Capt. I'm looking foreword to getting down in July....see ya then. Bob

BajaMarita

Fish Reporter
Aug 2, 2007
San Quintin, Baja CA
Name
Marita Melville
Boat
Need a Captain or Boat in San Quintin, let me know.
Bob and Steve thanks for stopping by and saying hi. Nice Job on the halibut!

Damn Juan......Nice fish, Great Captain!!!!! How the hell did you find them??? No one else has been able to find halibut in the past couple days. I've been asking around. Somehow the fish are attracted to you. What makes you so special????

I just spoke with Juan and he is fishing at the moment and he has more halibut on the boat. How he finds them, who knows....but he does. :-)

BIGRED KILLA

Dec 7, 2007
Woodland Hills Ca.
Name
lucas
Boat
Dads 28 ft Skippy, Bros 26 ft stripper, 14 valco ,12 yak , FC4 float tube.
Nice job on the halibut Capt. Juan that pig halibut looks like it came from Alaska its a pig.

Bigred

GETSUM

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 22, 2007
Name
ERIC G.
Boat
22' ROBALO CC "ON ONE"
NICE FLATTIES.

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
muchas muchachas para todos,water temp today at 9:30 AM was 58,and getting better,I saw a smal scholl of brezzers today,but only for a couple of minutes, then they w're gone,but it sure starting to look reel nice,as soon as this wind settles down a bit you can expect some great fishing comming our way.tomorrow i'm going to the 15,to get chato some whitefish,there the best thing for ceviche,yummmm.