dweston

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 12, 2008
vista Ca. USA
Name
Duane
Boat Name
yours
Left Wenesday night with 27 anglers. Captain Andrew gave the usual pre trip instructions and let us know that conditions have not been great lately for Blue Fin. He was willing to take a gamble and run for an opportunity for Blue Fin. As he put it "high risk, high reward" We would not be disappointed. We traveled all night and ended up on the back side of Catalina north of San Clemente. We started fishing at 5 am with the jigs no luck. We continued to see foamers only to sink out when we came up on them. It was a pick bite throughout the day. The hot ticket was sinker rig as well as fly lining live bait. First fish was on a talc II 8 50lb braid with a top shot of 40lb floro. This was a mistake the next time I got picked up this fish was a better grade and after peeling of 300 or more yards of braid I got anxoius and tried to turn his head lol pop! broke the 40lb. floro. I racked that rod and went to the Talica II 12 80 lb. max curato and a 60lb. top shot. This was a much better option to put pressure on the fish and made easy work of my second fish. We boated 47 BFT for the trip ranging 40 lb. to 100lb. First time on the Pacifica. Great captain and crew. Worked well with customers and each other (no drama). He is a picture of me with Andrew. If you get a chance hop on the Pacifica you won't be disaapointed. IMG_2550.jpg

Jul 21, 2014
SoCal
Name
Rick
Boat Name
Sailfish 22'
Left Wenesday night with 27 anglers. Captain Andrew gave the usual pre trip instructions and let us know that conditions have not been great lately for Blue Fin. He was willing to take a gamble and run for an opportunity for Blue Fin. As he put it "high risk, high reward" We would not be disappointed. We traveled all night and ended up on the back side of Catalina north of San Clemente. We started fishing at 5 am with the jigs no luck. We continued to see foamers only to sink out when we came up on them. It was a pick bite throughout the day. The hot ticket was sinker rig as well as fly lining live bait. First fish was on a talc II 8 50lb braid with a top shot of 40lb floro. This was a mistake the next time I got picked up this fish was a better grade and after peeling of 300 or more yards of braid I got anxoius and tried to turn his head lol pop! broke the 40lb. floro. I racked that rod and went to the Talica II 12 80 lb. max curato and a 60lb. top shot. This was a much better option to put pressure on the fish and made easy work of my second fish. We boated 47 BFT for the trip ranging 40 lb. to 100lb. First time on the Pacifica. Great captain and crew. Worked well with customers and each other (no drama). He is a picture of me with Andrew. If you get a chance hop on the Pacifica you won't be disaapointed.View attachment 1403941
Thanks for the timely report. Nice fish!

Upvote 0

Chuck Roast

Jul 16, 2012
LA CA USA
Name
Chuck Roast
Boat Name
20' Skip
Really appreciate reports like this, really let's us know what's really going on. Says a lot for the boat and capt. Making the decision to take a chance to get into quality fishing for his passengers.

Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat Name
None
Sometimes you have to roll the dice. Hero or Zero

Better than small yellows on kelps!!!!

Reactions: dweston