45 minutes in the Imperial Valley 9/1/07

Discussion in 'Winged Hunting Reports' started by The Fish Seeker, Sep 1, 2007.

1. The Fish Seeker

The Fish Seeker Fish Killer

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    21' Kencraft centre console
    That's all it took for me to kill my first ten doves of the season. Seven of us surrounded the corner of a grain field and let lead fly for about two hours. At 5:50am dove started flying over in singles and pairs, by 6:10 am they were in groups of four to six and stayed that way until all seven of us shot our limits. One of our group limited in under 30 minutes. It took me about ten minutes and close to a box of shells to get zeroed in. Boy was it fun, I think I might go and do this again tomorrow. I hope the rest of you dove hunters had as many flyers and success as we did.

2. blowboater

blowboater Fishing with Papa

Name:
    Joel
    Boat:
    35' cheoy lee - Sold
    My buddy and I had limits in about an hour. And it only took that long b/c we were screwing around and not trying as hard as we should have. The other guys in our group (about 10 people) did well but only the guys that were really trying got limits.

Talk about a ZOO! My friends told me that this wasn't bad compared to other years but damn there was a LOT of lead flying around. I got rained on a bunch and hit once in the legs with stray shot. I can't believe that many people hunt. And most everyone was cool but there were a few boobs that got excited and shot at low stuff.

What an experience! I think I'll stick to 2nd season. .

Nah, damn that was fun. 2 boxes of shells thru my new shotgun. A nice leetle bruise on the shoulder.

3. Albacrazy

Albacrazy NUCKIN FUTS 4 2NA

Name:
    Drew
    Boat:
    18' Coleman
    Ahhh.... I remember hunting Dove in Cali. I am glad to have made it out alive! Congrats on the limits. I saw 3 other hunters this am.LOL

4. smachado

smachado Newbie

Name:
    steve
    Boat:
    p.o.s
    i was out with rick...you could say i picked the spot...you should have seen him...he was like a kid in a candy store...bangin birds left and right...all giddy with delight...it wasn't the best opener but, our group got limits early and at browines by 8...sorry this post is so late...peace all