PENN

risingsun

May 30, 2008
s.d.
Name
eric
Boat
25 aquasport risingsun
Started at the 43.metering plenty of red crab 65.8 degree semi blue water.no yft showed up pushed south towards 226 302 back across towards point loma a few paddies 226/302 holding micro yt buy the hundreds.trolled with some dolphins in the canyon no tuners.talked to some guys that worked the 371 ssk for nothing.hottest water was 67.8.done for the season. Good luck to anyone heading out.time fir a nap....if your looking for late tunas I'd go to the hidden bank and start there

Upvote 0

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
Started at the 43.metering plenty of red crab 65.8 degree semi blue water.no yft showed up pushed south towards 226 302 back across towards point loma a few paddies 226/302 holding micro yt buy the hundreds.trolled with some dolphins in the canyon no tuners.talked to some guys that worked the 371 ssk for nothing.hottest water was 67.8.done for the season. Good luck to anyone heading out.time fir a nap....if your looking for late tunas I'd go to the hidden bank and start there
Strong efforts thanks for sharing the Intel!

Reactions: doitnow
Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Straight down still looks like some nice water off Ensanada.

Upvote 0

mattydog

Jul 9, 2014
poway,ca
Name
matt welsh
Boat
22'striper

Thanks for intel ,good temp- good water no fish- I was gonna try 1 more time but after your report I think we'll call it for the year and save some gas. I got lucky at thanksgiving for 3 yft but I think that was about the end . what a great year

Upvote 0

risingsun

May 30, 2008
s.d.
Name
eric
Boat
25 aquasport risingsun
Yeah its hit or miss.went to 43 because I herd of bigger yft there before the blow.the water Temps I was looking at looked very promising at hidden bank.couldn't go both places so decided on the 43.to take a shot a some bigger yft....

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
You gave it hell! Last year I caught bluefin at the cortez in Jan. Great season!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Correction Sculpin season is currently closed my friend
    correct. to add.
    My understanding is the 43 is closed to ALL bottom dwellers always.

Whitefish and ling cod are included in the Jan/Feb general closure to my knowledge as well.

Yes Randy, I know you were just being a smartass.

Upvote 0

Randy V

Slamma Jamma
    Mar 19, 2008
    Insane Diego, CA
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    30' Kona Star
    Randy be careful what you post.keeping rockfish at the 43 is illegal...only palegics can be taken there.only a sculpin lingcod and whitefish can be put in your fishback there...

Hmmm, was not aware of that. It has been several years since I last fished for bottom stuff out there.

Upvote 0

Rufo

Rufo
    May 23, 2006
    Around the Way
    Name
    Bob
    Boat
    Yes
    Hey Eric, good last shot anyway. Always better to have a day on the water for no fish than a day on the couch for no fish, IMHO.
    What I wouldn't give for a no fish day just to be on the water. Haven't been out since Sept. cause of health reasons.

Remember me, Bob on the Mushroom. We met at the Nados a couple of years ago. I was staying at the islands for a few days and ran out of ice. I traded you some of my yellowtail for some of your ice so I could stay for another couple days.

Carl, I believe that your correct. No bottom fishing at the 43, Pelagics only. One of the conservation areas I think. Last time I was there in Sept we were metering around looking for the high spot and the clouds of bottom fish were insane.

Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
    west coast
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    a fish killing center console
    Yeah its hit or miss.went to 43 because I herd of bigger yft there before the blow.the water Temps I was looking at looked very promising at hidden bank.couldn't go both places so decided on the 43.to take a shot a some bigger yft....

Aahhh gotcha! what kinda temps are you seeing at hidden?

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Dude,check your calender....its the middle of december for crying out loud LOL

Upvote 0