longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Left shelter island at 5 this morning and got the best scoop of bait ive gotten in a very long time. Headed south in smooth seas straight to the 101.
20190726_063023.jpg

Worked the area south of the 101 and then out towards the 425. Water in this area ranged between 71 and 73.5 but was off colored. There is tons of bait and porpoise in the area but I didn't see or mark any tuna or kelp.

Headed up towards the islands since there wasn't much going on. Went straight to the north end of the north island and landed 10 yellows in 2hrs. I kept 2 for the grill and released 8.
20190726_160113.jpg
I got 5 on bait and 5 on the iron and the quality seemed a little better then last week. Water here was 72.5 and deep blue. Around 11 the sport boats showed up as well as many others so I split. Good luck this weekend!

And the navy was at the islands this morning.

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
:appl:

Reactions: longboard85

Cbaldwin

A whales vagina
Jul 14, 2016
La Mesa
Name
Connor Baldwin
Boat
yes
Well done captain. Pukey kicking out some good fish. Yeah quality and fishing is better than last week even though caught limits every trip. This is skiff fishing at its finest. Its fun to release those fighters. Next year they will be real mossbacks. Epic conditions. Cheers:cheers:

ranchero

fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge
Apr 29, 2004
SD
Name
Al
Boat
25 skipjack -Albatross
fishing at pukey was tough! Wind was from NW- and bait wanted to head that way. We fished close in- it was cluster! Slow troll with boats cramped in including the sporties. Glad you got em. Challenging fishing for us. The 2 we hooked with drags buttoned down took straight down to the rocks-as if we had too little drag- w/in 20 seconds and broke us off. Def had some good size!

Reactions: longboard85

longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
fishing at pukey was tough! Wind was from NW- and bait wanted to head that way. We fished close in- it was cluster! Slow troll with boats cramped in including the sporties. Glad you got em. Challenging fishing for us. The 2 we hooked with drags buttoned down took straight down to the rocks-as if we had too little drag- w/in 20 seconds and broke us off. Def had some good size!
Yea I split as soon as the sporties showed up. There was only 4 other boats fishing it for a good 2 hrs and I was able to get them pretty good before the crowds showed up. I did get worked by a couple that took me straight to the rocks as well.

Reactions: Hardcor