I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 3, 2007
Lake Havasu City AZ
Name
Patrick
Boat
Deplorable
Too early to speculate.
The Shogun has been a class operation for me in the past, captain and crew.
Wait to hear more details before hanging them all, could have been an accident.
I'm not giving the crew a pass, but more details need to come out.

Caseydmaze

Aug 7, 2012
Temecula
Name
Mackerel Marauder
Boat
18' Stringari Skiff
Take any profession with a short operating season, low pay and back to back to back to back runs or trips to make ends meet...and I will show you drug culture. These jobs are for the young, adventurous souls. The problem is you cant run from human nature. Being sleep deprived, overworked and unwilling to be the bitch, these guys will throw whatever the hell they can into their system to make it through the season. Logging, truck drivers, fisherman....there are common threads. The guys in Hawaii used to all get stoned, but since the coast guard liss tests them...they started doing ICE and other non detectable worse shit years ago and I assume its a similar problem here.
There is really only one solition to ALL of these problems (Crashing into Clemente, Plowing other ships, Running aground On Mission Beach, Drug Overdoses, Crashing into the backside of Catalina, Burning a boat and all paying customers while the crew sleeps):
Tighten The Reins!!
Reduce the number of trips.
Increase the crew/passenger ratios.
Make realistic down time Mandatory.
Increase the price of the trips.
Make Passenger Safety the number one priority!
Right now it is a Wild West and no ones life is worth the price of a cheaper charter to pull on some fish. No one pays to go on a day and a half, bunks down at night with the 50/50 chance that the crew will fall asleep and the auto pilot will drive them into Clemente or the Fentanyl Team will go death nappy while your life is in their hands.
Sorry to say gents but the whole game needs an overhaul...or we should all expect more of whats been going on lately. Thats the risk we are all signing up for...whether we realize it or not.
Same reason I think twice about walking across the cotton candy stained dairy hay to turn in 4 tickets to ride on that crescent wrench assembled, Toothless Jumpsuit wearing methed out Carny worker controlled, spinning death trap at the fair.
Sometimes a good deal just ain't worth it. Regardless if “Lenny” is waiving you in!!

rexor_rn

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Drug Testing on all the Crews before any fishing trip esp the multi-day ones should be now Mandatory......Dive boat accident is still fresh in our memory.....can’t imagine sleeping well knowing crews might be high on drugs...

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
That’s exactly what I thought and there is always the possibility that it was speed laced with fentanyl and they didn’t know. Commonly referred to as a speedball. I completely agree with your logic though
DRUGS ARE DRUGS, It still happened on the boat. There's no Justification for this unless it was accidental exposure incident.

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
It was a bad situation for everyone, us waiting to board and the boat, I really needed to go fishing, Frank handled it as well as anyone could with both the authorities and us passengers, I know, cuz I was once in a similar situation. I pray for their well being and wish I was fishing right now, but the Lord had other plans. They will get thru this.
I feel sorry for their families and children having to see this happen to their loved ones, That is something they will never forget. :(

ripped

Dec 5, 2007
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
Vagabond
George floyd was a drug abusers to and he is dead.And a felon.

View attachment 1204068

Snuff um all out...

🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤡🤡🤡🤡
Neil Young from Rockin' in the Free World : "We got a kinder, gentler machine gun hand". This is a disgusting picture of a man pleading for his life. The only thing missing from this picture is a cigarette dangling from the officers mouth...

Reactions: Peteb

mike carson

Jan 18, 2007
glendale
Name
mike
Boat
17ft bayrunner
Neil Young from Rockin' in the Free World : "We got a kinder, gentler machine gun hand". This is a disgusting picture of a man pleading for his life. The only thing missing from this picture is a cigarette dangling from the officers mouth...
The cartels lace cocaine with it ,heroin ,And the biggest producer of fentanyl is .......CHINA

rexor_rn

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
JustThe tip of the iceberg.Time to do random drug testing.Just like guys like me that worked industrial construction.
Agree!.....Getting hooked on Drugs is a CHOICE.....No other form of justifications nor excuses....the Sportsfishing fleet should be clean up from these Addicts. Safety First.

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
Take any profession with a short operating season, low pay and back to back to back to back runs or trips to make ends meet...and I will show you drug culture. These jobs are for the young, adventurous souls. The problem is you cant run from human nature. Being sleep deprived, overworked and unwilling to be the bitch, these guys will throw whatever the hell they can into their system to make it through the season. Logging, truck drivers, fisherman....there are common threads. The guys in Hawaii used to all get stoned, but since the coast guard liss tests them...they started doing ICE and other non detectable worse shit years ago and I assume its a similar problem here.
There is really only one solition to ALL of these problems (Crashing into Clemente, Plowing other ships, Running aground On Mission Beach, Drug Overdoses, Crashing into the backside of Catalina, Burning a boat and all paying customers while the crew sleeps):
Tighten The Reins!!
Reduce the number of trips.
Increase the crew/passenger ratios.
Make realistic down time Mandatory.
Increase the price of the trips.
Make Passenger Safety the number one priority!
Right now it is a Wild West and no ones life is worth the price of a cheaper charter to pull on some fish. No one pays to go on a day and a half, bunks down at night with the 50/50 chance that the crew will fall asleep and the auto pilot will drive them into Clemente or the Fentanyl Team will go death nappy while your life is in their hands.
Sorry to say gents but the whole game needs an overhaul...or we should all expect more of whats been going on lately. Thats the risk we are all signing up for...whether we realize it or not.
Same reason I think twice about walking across the cotton candy stained dairy hay to turn in 4 tickets to ride on that crescent wrench assembled, Toothless Jumpsuit wearing methed out Carny worker controlled, spinning death trap at the fair.
Sometimes a good deal just ain't worth it. Regardless if “Lenny” is waiving you in!!
You can indeed expect more!
In the Army we got no sleep worked back to back to back... and we got tested all the time...
Drugs were not as prevalent as in the sportboats.

Reactions: rexor_rn

simmo13

Nov 12, 2010
Pacific ocean
Name
Simmo
Boat
Looking
They released the body cam footage and when he was in the driver side of his car there is a slow mo of a white spot on his tongue. He obviously downed his stash. Then when hes upright in the car hes saying i cant breathe. The coroner said he died of drug overdose. Dont believe everyrhing u see or hear. These days alot of false flag events. Did u see the cop in france two days later kneel on a guys neck then in madrid two days after that. Oh and breonna taylors boyfriend shot at the POpO, after they Knocked and shouted police. Ya they said they didnt hear knock, but the neighbor witness said he went to see who was knocking.

NukeDawg

Mar 27, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
dub-dub-dub
Boat
17' Arima Sea Angler
No matter the circumstances...it makes me sad. It could be recency bias, but it sure seems like serious incidents are occurring more frequently than ever. Maybe it’s the coverage and access to information. I sure am struggling to recommend jumping on boats that I’ve fished for a couple decades. How are the boats going to be able to afford insurance? Storm is coming. What a great fishery and a great experience. I hope the fleet figured it out.

Reactions: cozenone