saltpheen

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 17, 2017
Placerville
Name
Seagambler
Boat
20 north river sea hawk Grady white 282 sailfish
You should probably not put this on this website. These people have family’s! Not cool!! Hope they are ok!!
It’s doesn’t say any of the crews names and honestly play stupid games win stupid prizes would t you want to know if you were going on a 3day on a boat if the crew was loaded? Make ya re think going

Green Ogre

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 28, 2009
Orygun
Name
Shrek
Boat
Willie Predator, Learned Dory
These guys are all what I would call friends. From the Wheelhouse to the galley.

I bet you wont find a more drug free boat in the fleet starting now.

I pray all these guys are ok. Their careers just ended. Hopefully their lives will improve.

May 20, 2015
Name
Brian
Boat
D
Im not trying to speculate but 2 milligram worth of Fentanyl can cause an OD to a non-user (look it up, see how crazy little that is).

Until all facts come out dont rush to judgement.

You see those headlines in the news about accidental ODs with police, K9s, EMTs, etc. unexpectedly ingesting it, when doing their job.

So whats to say there was 1 H-user and 3 accidental exposure's

Glad no one died and hopefully the cleans up the fleet with all them 420 vapers out there (you know you see them in the corner puffing that BHO).

Matt4824

Probably fishing
Jul 26, 2018
Dana point
Name
Matt
Boat
All
Hope they all are doing well and can get help, I have only fished this boat once earlier this year but the crew was great and I loved the boat.

yakmandan

May 30, 2007
AZ.
Name
DAN
Boat
19ft Bayrunner Baja
Wow I was looking at the Shogun's not only website last night to book a future trip.
Pretty scary shit just think if it happened while they were at sea. Not only endangering their own lives what if there's an emergency and 4 of the crew are unable to help. Thank God they were at the dock.

Bajayounggun

Aug 15, 2010
Long Beach/CA/USA
Name
Gary Boyd
Boat
The Lucky Hooker
There needs to be a much stricter drug/alcohol testing program implemented in the charter fishing industry. We as customers pay tremendous money to fish on some of these vessels as well as put our lives/safety in the hands of the captains and crew; it would be really nice to know that the crews of these vessels are clean. No sympathy coming from me at all; my father and uncle were boat captains for many years and their #1 rule for passengers and crew was no illegal drugs of any kind on the vessel. At least for me, when I go fishing I want a clean crew and a drug free boat. If you have a substance abuse problem, talk to someone and get help; don’t overdose on the boat before you are about to embark on a 3 day trip with paying passengers.

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
I have only been on this boat once, but when I was the captain and crew were great! I would have never expected this from the Shogun.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
briguy
I have been doing research on your comment about passive exposure causing overdoses and that doesn't hold water. I will not pass judgement but complicity seems to be in order.
If you Google Cop exposed to Fentanyl you can watch an Oklahoma cop collapse and pass out.

Bold #7

Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
Ok watched the video looks scary, however most published articles state differently.
I am hopelessly stupid when it comes to drug stuff.

Reactions: Olddog8

Caseydmaze

Aug 7, 2012
Temecula
Name
Mackerel Marauder
Boat
18' Stringari Skiff
Different grades of fentenyl. Its a synthetic opiode created in a lab for medicinal (hospital) use to mimic the effect of a narcotic similar to heroine. Its the number 1 street drug and has been rapidly growing in popularity for the last number of years. It can be found in the smallest form, like an advil or tylenol looking pill. Super easy to hide and take. Tough to track down. Worse yet, the mexican drug cartels noticed the rise and created a drug far more potent and deadly known as Carfentanyl. Something like 1,000 times more potent than H. The exposures to law and ems occur more often than reported. The case the gentleman above was rederring to was an airborne transmission of a Carfentanyl powder. Yes it definitely can be deadly. Like any opiod it supresses the nervous system and greatly reduces the brains drive to breath.
Dipshits take it cause their dipshits.
Remedy is a dose of Narcan, either IV, or intranasal like a spray (imagine Afrin). Narcan immediately inhibits the Fentanyl from the receptors in the brain and within minutes the dipshit comes flying out of their HIGH, sometimes swinging and Pissed off cause you “ruined” their high.
So the next time somebody seems a little stoned, check their breathing. If its less than 12 a minute, peel back their eyelids....pupils pinpoint....chances are yer buddy took some shit and needs Narcan.
Happy fishing gents.

Roadrunner

Oct 3, 2004
San Diego
Name
John Gleaves
Boat
20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
Slow down and wait for the truth to come out.

For all the speculations: How about this one. They are cleaning the boat for a turn around and they come across "trash" to clean and toss it ( left clothes - who knows what) it spills and then multiple people have serious issues.

For doubters, check out this link to news. Single car crash on golden garte bridge = 7 to hospital ( police, tow truck driver, more). https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending...gate-bridge-crash/SDDSGDTSRRB4DHWXTQWNZA5TB4/

So maybe hold off on personal comments to the vessel, business, and the crew till one knows what happened