I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 13, 2017
San Pedro
Name
SemperFi75
Boat
Semper Fidos
Hi guys.

Got out Sunday for my daughter's first trip on the fishing boat. She got some helm time (apologies to BadJuJu if we got too close at the wall) and did well but different than the old 18' bowrider.
Ladies cruise so LATE start but Nacho had squid!
Still didn't catch but that's not the bait's problem. I saw stuff like this... ps what am I looking at? I just installed this. lol

upload_2019-4-9_14-50-12.png

… but couldn't get set right and the ladies really wanted to stay inside calmer waters. lol

Did stop the boat … but not by choice.
upload_2019-4-9_14-50-44.png

Wrapped around the prop and stopped us. I wasn't at the helm but no buoys floating around loose so I don't think she ran over anyone's lobster trap.

Good safe day on the water with some good eats... and beverages.
upload_2019-4-9_15-6-36.png

ps Anyone who saw me go for a ride when were pulling out, thanks for not laughing... too loud. What a boat ramp folly. Old guy grabbing a bow rail and thinking he's gonna guide the boat on the trailer. rofl [/ATTACH] upload_2019-4-9_15-0-36.png

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
Jul 28, 2012
Fullerton
Name
Wally
Boat
16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
Chaffee Is.
And other inner harbor areas hold fish for a comfortable day fishing whilst using light small bass tackle.

Last edited:
Reactions: SemperFi75

findtuna

Nov 23, 2011
OC
Name
James
Boat
Blackman 20' pilot house
I learned to keep my lady home. "Too fast, too rough, getting wet....." No thanks. Not for me at least. I catch better without her. Lol.

AndyJ

Undocumented "Member"
May 8, 2008
Dana Point CA
Name
Andy Jakubas
Boat
1984 Cobalt DV 18.5
Good try. My lady usually outfishes me and always wants to stay out late. Great idea to freeze the squid for later. Just don't stink up the freezer. Ask me how I know..

SemperFi75

Jun 13, 2017
San Pedro
Name
SemperFi75
Boat
Semper Fidos
Good try. My lady usually outfishes me and always wants to stay out late. Great idea to freeze the squid for later. Just don't stink up the freezer. Ask me how I know..
Double zip locked and outside freezer. lol

SemperFi75

Jun 13, 2017
San Pedro
Name
SemperFi75
Boat
Semper Fidos
Left side of the screen is soft bottom, right is hard bottom with fish, classic deep water bass marks especially since you were on the middle of the Horseshoe
Thank you. So drift the soft bottom for halibut and anchor uphill and bait fish the bass? Thanks again.

KID CREOLE

Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
Thank you. So drift the soft bottom for halibut and anchor uphill and bait fish the bass? Thanks again.
Yup in a perfect world. As much as the fish is snugged up against the bottom my guess would be there is quite a bit of current

Reactions: SemperFi75

dktool

2459 Trophy Offshore
Aug 11, 2010
Covina, Ca.
Name
Dean
Boat
1989 Bayliner 2459 Trophy Off Shore
I am curious about your sonar imaging, did you find that the signal went away and the depth number started flashing at faster speed, and if so, what speed did it lose signal ?

Oh and my wife loves to fish too but also goes horizontal when stopping in the slop. If I get her to sheltered areas of Cat she's fine........just don't stop !

SemperFi75

Jun 13, 2017
San Pedro
Name
SemperFi75
Boat
Semper Fidos
I am curious about your sonar imaging, did you find that the signal went away and the depth number started flashing at faster speed, and if so, what speed did it lose signal ?

Oh and my wife loves to fish too but also goes horizontal when stopping in the slop. If I get her to sheltered areas of Cat she's fine........just don't stop !
Sorry, I was just trying to steer the boat in that bumpy stuff and wasn't looking. lol
jk I actually peeked to see and the only difference I noticed were occasional vertical lines like static drifting across the screen. I didn't check the numbers but I'll pay more attention next time.

dktool

2459 Trophy Offshore
Aug 11, 2010
Covina, Ca.
Name
Dean
Boat
1989 Bayliner 2459 Trophy Off Shore
If you installed the transducer I would be interested in seeing a pic of placement, depth and angle.
I am playing with a recent install that is the same x-ducer although it's a GT23 where yours is a GT21 (basically same)

You can pm me if you don't want this thread to be hi-jacked.

Thanks

Last edited:

SemperFi75

Jun 13, 2017
San Pedro
Name
SemperFi75
Boat
Semper Fidos