LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
last Saturday it was "suppose" to be 10 knots, BS...

Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
for a FOLUP, went out yesterday and the swell was pretty big in the morning, but very fishable. They were very far apart and I was able to do 18kts due west. The only real concern I had was if my engine died for some reason, so for the first couple patties we found...I fished them with the engine on. Unfortunately, the fishing was dead...I think that the swell churned the water too much and the fish headed south to find something warmer. I appreciate everyone's input and advice.

Thanks for the follow-up!

Upvote 0

tuna head

Almost A Member
Aug 13, 2008
watsonville Ca. usa
Name
jason
Boat
17ft aquasport cc ksea
since you have a computer go to nooaa weather radio in your area, you can listen to bouy reports in your area they update every 3 hrs. check it at 4am and check for wind waves the little critters in-between the swell. ie:swell 4 to 6ft wind waves 1 to3ft they also have charts to see if swell has dropped in a 4 5 6 hr period. the little wind waves will beat the shit out of you. Do what we do go to the ramp turn on your radio and listen and call other boats for ocean conditions, or if you can see outer waters take a look, where i fish there's several places we can see outer waters, or go and feel the real deal then decide. KEC49 NOOAA WEATHER RADIO FIND YOUR AREA SAME REPORT AS YOUR RADIO IN YOUR BOAT don't have to go where ever your boat is to listen tunein.com brouse to find

Upvote 0