Islands 4/5 Nados report

Sea Bacon

• Aug 24, 2018
    Murrieta
    Name
    Art
    Boat
    21’ Parker CC
    Launched from Shelter Island. Straight to the bait barge. Bait was lively but small 4 inchers.

Headed straight to the Nados. Boat traffic was light. Conditions sucked on drifts for a small 21’ CC. 4-6’ swells with 10mph winds. My hat goes off to the dudes in the bass tracker boat. Y’all have some huge huevos.

58 degree clean water around the islands. Tons of Yellowtail. Marked them north of the South Island and middle grounds. They’re down deep. None wanted to play with our offerings including the kitchen sink.

Will try again in a few weeks when the water warms up.

At the end of the day, my buddy and I hooked bottom dwellers, smoked cigars and caught a good buzz off Pliny the Elder. Cheers!

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
    CHINO
    Name
    JOEY
    Boat
    KAYAK
    THanks for the report and like you said once the water warms up a bit the fish will be on a frenzy. Still looking to get my deck bloody and live up to the website name and also still wanting to make the trip and try the "Younger"

Upvote 0

feeshkilla

Since 2009
    May 27, 2009
    SD/EAST CNTY
    Name
    SAM P
    Boat
    60ft, rubber raft, "SINKER"
    Thanks for the report!!! Had to laugh at the Bass Tracker comment....reminds me of seeing a dude out at 9mile in a seadoo rigged to the gills, lol

Reactions: Sea Bacon