Zika

Chum-Master
Aug 17, 2006
North County
Name
Robert
Boat
21 Bayliner Trophy (Cheap-BassTurd)
Quick report launched NP no bait barge yet, made macs and dinos by the jetties. Headed to HB area wanted to look at the mussel farm. Grabbed a half scoop from Nacho and jammed to the Mussel farm. Water was 59-60 and nasty !! Redtide everywhere, did meter some fish but no takers. Drifted for Halibut for nada had dines and macs on the bottom and top. Jammed back towards NP and water cleaned up and temp went up to 64.5. Trolled for T's to almost the MLPA no take downs for us. Great warm day and the wind never came up inshore. Beers were cold and lots of funny stories shared with buddies and boat ran great all good. Will get them next time. Good luck out there !!

Mike_I

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 19, 2006
Irvine
Name
Mike_I
Boat
Cabo 216 First Love
The bait barge is supposed to be anchored in the area where you make the right turn to the main channel.

Reactions: Zika
Upvote 0

Zika

Chum-Master
Aug 17, 2006
North County
Name
Robert
Boat
The bait barge is supposed to be anchored in the area where you make the right turn to the main channel.
Your talking between the two jetties? Heard it was supposed to be in by now ….but nothing yet.

Upvote 0

bayfisher86

Feb 6, 2004
Fountain Valley, Ca
Name
Aaron
Boat
Parker 2310WA
The bait barge has been in for about a month. It’s located right near the White Sea Bass grow out pen. Personally I hope it stays there as the bait has been great. It takes it out of the opening where the bait can really get beat up by a big swell.

Upvote 0

Zika

Chum-Master
Aug 17, 2006
North County
Name
Robert
Boat
The bait barge has been in for about a month. It’s located right near the White Sea Bass grow out pen. Personally I hope it stays there as the bait has been great. It takes it out of the opening where the bait can really get beat up by a big swell.
Oh ok thanks for the info.... we were setting stuff up on the boat and must have drove right by. Thought it was going to be right where it normally is so wasn't even looking for it.

Reactions: Tunahead
Upvote 0

Mike_I

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 19, 2006
Irvine
Name
Mike_I
Boat
Cabo 216 First Love
They were talking about the bait barge on let's talk hookup. They have to keep the lighting low to not disturb the rich people that live in the area so it may be hard to see it if you're not looking for it in the new spot.

Upvote 0