4-30-10 Lahaina Harbor, Maui

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Startmeup, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Ono season has arrived. With our continued success fishing for mahis and marlins now onos have arrived and we are reeling them in.

[​IMG]
    Rich Grimes with 27# cow mahi.
    [​IMG]
    On this 6 hour charter Pam and Alan Szabo brought in this 24 pound ono.
    [​IMG]
    This 34 pound ono caught by Kathleen Townsend on a 6 hour shared trip was almost too big to handle.
    [​IMG]
    Tami and Ron Johnson already had their favorite recipe lined up for this fresh mahi .
    [​IMG]
    Tristan Lane wasn’t disappointed with his mahi caught with Team Start Me Up.
    [​IMG]
    David Butlers 28 pound ono made his day on the water.
    [​IMG]
    Aaron Shergis caught this 18 pound mahi on one of Start Me Ups 8 hour share trips.
    [​IMG]
    Bob Crisman and Kim and Larry Lemmons swooped in for the kill and boated these three mahis.
    [​IMG]
    Eugen Klein showing the largest of his mahis caught on Start Me Ups early morning trip.
    [​IMG]
    Paul Fisher, Aaron Barr, Ryan Holdaway, Eugen Klein, Phil Gilanians and Tim Holdaway all walked away with a lot of good eaten and stories to go with it.
    [​IMG]
    John Mangeri and Sam Padilla caught this 22 pound mahi on a 6 hour shared trip.
    [​IMG]
    On this 9 hour early morning trip Chris and Heather Bollinger caught 5 beautiful mahis.
    [​IMG]
    This 4 hour family bonding trip bagged the Price Family a 20 pound mahi.
    [​IMG]
    Quentin Durward and Elgin Derichs were caught up in the ono run and brought in these 2 onos totaling 44 pounds.
    [​IMG]
    David Austin stormed Nasa buoy and reeled in these 8 mahis for his trouble.
    [​IMG]
    MC buoy sure paid off for the Elliott men, 6 nice mahis.
    [​IMG]
    This 25 pound bull mahi was Erik Bridys first catch ever but it certainly won’t be his last.
    [​IMG]
    It is not enough just to catch them we take pride in keeping them as fresh as they were when they were reeled in.
    [​IMG]
    Even the youngest of fishermen know when the catch outweighs them it’s the fish of a lifetime.
    [​IMG]
    The anglers are getting a little bigger and the fish are too.
    [​IMG]
    The Gobles had a day on the water most people can only dream about, A 243 pound blue marlin a 30 pound spearfish and 5 mahis. This is not fishing, this is catching.
    [​IMG]
    Ben Hanson on an 8 hour trip boated this 130.3 pound yellow fin tuna.
    [​IMG]
    On this 6 hour share trip Quintin Smith angled in a 18 pound mahi.
    [​IMG]
    This 46 pound spearfish took Kathy Steeves by surprise. It bit the long rigger and took 100 yards of line. While Kathy kept reeling the spearfish was cartwheeling and with steady pressure the fish was brought to leader and boated.
    [​IMG]
    Kim Michalos and Gabe Clemens caught these 6 mahis on Start Me Ups early morning trip. MC buoy sure paid off.

With spring break ending and summer just around the corner we look forward to bringing you, our fellow fishermen, the highlights of our catch and anglers in the coming season.
    Remember you can’t catch them sitting on the couch. Let Start Me Up get you hooked up.
    Mahalo, Burger

2. Sam Seafood

Sam Seafood Newbie

Name:
    Sam Seafood
    Boat:
    (1) Form fitted sanding block
    Nice post Aloha