PENN

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    Left around seven and picked up some not great bait. It was all 4” anchovies with three sardines mixed in. Made the run to La Jolla from SD bay and boated a few rockfish and a sculpin. Back to SD bay and couldn’t get any halibut or bass. Called it a day around 1230.

My streak of bad luck continues with no fish for me, trolling motor remote died, re-cracked my freshly repaired gelcoat and couldn’t keep the bait alive.

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Four inch Anchovies ? Those would have been great to fish the big bay with.
    4" Chovies, Sounds like a good size to fish the Albies if the show up. Things are looking promising for at least a showing in our off shore waters (For how long, I can't answer that). We got the cold water outside and inside and the color of the water is good. Also we have an Abundant supply of chovies inside and outside, and one of the promising signs is the shitty north and northwest winds that has been blowing for what "Seems like forever", Perfect Albie weather. When was the last time you seen SO MANY 1.5 day trips canceled due to wind??? Keep our fingers crossed 🤞and hope we get them for a short period of time and fall back on the Tunas as the season progressives and have the best of both worlds!

Reactions: MattFred1414
    Upvote 0