Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
My son and I are trying to prototype lures with a Prusa IK-M3s and mmu2s system.

Looking for someone that might be familiar with basic CAD design and the printing equipment we have.

Ideally, someone that resides in San Diego.

I can offer cash or barter/provide licensed, bonded and insured Plumbing work in the San Diego area.

Anyone interested, please shoot me a p.m. to see if we could work something out that's beneficial for both of us.

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
Just wanted to say thank you to Andy for reaching out to us with advice and offering up some one-on-one CAD/3d design time with my son. We definitely want to try and get together with you when I get back from Mexico at the end of June.
Thank you sir!

Making some good progress. My son's really starting to get the hang of cad design and I'm finally figuring out how to keep the machine running and produce some decent prints.

We are in need of a few different connections at this point.

Does anyone know of a vendor that sells the internal wire similar to what's in a flat fall?

We are going to try and cast some of these in aluminum with the Lost pla process but ideally would like to speak with a local casting/foundry business. Anybody have a connection?

IMG_20190528_200912393.jpg

IMG_20190529_124337387.jpg

Reactions: TrixKelly

Arvin

Jun 24, 2017
Glendale
Name
Arvin
Boat
Bass
Don't have a connection, but I've been making heavy duty poppers and stickbaits for 4 years. The through wire is easy to make. You would need to get strong stainless steel wire. You can order it online but its sometimes hard to find. I make one by hand for every bait I make. You can make a jig to make the process faster

Tail Chaser

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
Stainless wire like lockwire or welding sticks? Or mcmaster Carr would have something I bet.

My buddy Sean owns Tangent Solutions, not sure if he barters but he might.
Solidworks is free right now for students because of covid19... if you want to try your hand as modeling.

Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Stainless wire like lockwire or welding sticks? Or mcmaster Carr would have something I bet.
You want half or quarter hard temper stainless steel. Easier to work with.

Reactions: woodfish330