captjd

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 26, 2003
PLSD
Name
Jeff "JD" DeVore
Boat
Martuni Dos
sorry to burn those that fished today, but saturday was one of my fondest in terms of very rare days.

3:45 am: mark "stonefish"' calls and can not make it (glad the wife is ok)

4:30: drop the boat in solo and bait up

check out our dodo numbers from wednesday (7 ousstide the nine) for nada

roll straight to 390 for 3 albi's on troll, 2 yellows on bush and one 25 toad yellow on troll (yellow on troll was mixed in with breaking alberts) troll south for one BFT (15 pounds)

head to 371 WFO bite . stop on a kelp and lose one yellow to weed, pull two. small aluminum cc needs bait so i pass of a dozen dinos. put em in a mile from armada... instant bendo...back off throttle, count to 6, kick her back to 6 knots and count to 4 and hang one more/ one albi and one more BFT.

start trolling towards "wet and wild" to lend them spare prop, but keep getting stopped. keep one more bigger albi (20lb) and drop off prop and head home through "dodo" numbers again. put back a cedar long and troll through some porpoise and terns and get ripped. 15 YFt.

boat is a mess, did two peoples work, jigs and blood and shit everywhere. roll home @ 25 knots.

i noticed the albi's on the surface @ the 390 were pushing up really small chovis/suaries, so i trolled small squid style jets that stopped the boat...i'm sure everything worked as well.

still tired. great talking with tortuga, wet and wild, enfuego and the regs.

jd/martuni

Mots

Aka..."Un Reel"
Feb 5, 2003
San Marcos
Visit site
Name
Mots
Boat
UnReel 25' Wellcraft
Jd, you had a phenom day WTG dude. Nice talking with you yesterday.

captjd

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 26, 2003
PLSD
Name
Jeff "JD" DeVore
Boat
Martuni Dos
that is a single (1) 15 pound yellowfin, still a bit tired, sorry if i was unclear. a total count of fifteen (15) YFT is slated for this wednesday...report to follow!

jd

Tunaslam

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
going solo and kicking some serious butt on a wide variety of fish. Yep a good reason to be tired.

Mstonefish

Captain
Feb 6, 2003
Escondido
Name
Mark
Boat
22' Bayrunner CC 140 Suzuki 4 stroke
Blah Blah Blah;)

That's an awesome day you had there Jd, Wish I could have made it. We'll get some next time.:D

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Ahh you were the guy we were hearing about! Great day JD. I guess the karma from handing off bait and props paid off! Glad you made it out there and did well to rub it in Marks face...