372 on XL

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
YF? Lower Banks?

ZZZZZ

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Exciting. Dedicated Cowkillers are landing the Supers that have awakened. XL reported yesterday they were heading down to the LB and was looking forward to hearing. Pay out rad

Pisces got a big one at the outer gordo last week

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
That fish puts a angler in the position to bring in the largest brace of YFT ever to come into SD. Allot of braces have come in total. With back to back bites possible

Does not matter and does not cross a anglers mind while fishing the trip. Just fun to think about on land when the LB are packing allot of straight heavy Cowfish and people are on it. Records can be broken. Good luck everyone

130# flyline

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
I’m supposed to be on a 10 day on the AA right now but it got canceled. Sucks for me

Stoked for the Big X, they work hard

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Congrats are in order. Nice job Tim. Fished with him on the Excel a couple of times. Great guy. I leave Wed. on a 11 day on the Indy and in Jan. I will be on the Excel for a 16 day. Going to toss in some of my big gear now that we might have a shot. Break out the 50's big boy reels and the 4X rods.... here we go......

JohnTFT

Insomniac
Feb 11, 2007
The "718"
Name
John
Boat
A big Steel One
Excel put a good day together yesterday. Needed to see some big YFT. Like a drug for me.

Puts me in a good frame of mind.

Tim Turis 373
John Dybas 292
Tom Trainer 291
Coulter Taylor 264
Paul Levendoski 202

Trainor.jpg

cow.jpg

Cow 2.jpg

cow 3.jpg

Last edited:

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Congratulations to Tim for shattering the Super Cow ceiling. I believe his previous PB was 299 YFT? Great fish! Tim, one of the masters of the standup technique with harness and belt.

Reactions: Soda Pop

Holi-e-Mackeral

Holi-e-Mackeral
Jul 10, 2003
Orange County, CA
Visit site
Name
Jeff
Boat
Royal Polaris - sold the boat
I'm so happy to hear Tim got that trophy.. I'm sure he has more time at the rail targeting giants then the vast majority of us... He's earned it for sure.

Jeff.

Reactions: Bill W

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
These fish travel there from Clarion. Not sure if that is a temperature thing for the tuna or a food issue thing. (Also a temperature thing) But monitoring the temperature at Clarion may be a key to look at the lower banks.

Last edited:

polly

Sep 1, 2014
Name
Matt
Boat
pier pressure
Congrats to Coulter! Best part is your dad got to be with you to see it! So stoked for you guys!
Congrats to all! Trophies!

stephen campbell

aka "Soup"
Jul 7, 2016
oro valley az
Name
Stephen Campbell
Boat
S/V Bluechablis Valiant 40
These fish travel there from Clarion. Not sure if that is a temperature thing for the tuna or a food issue thing. (Also a temperature thing) But monitoring the temperature at Clarion may be a key to look at the lower banks.

Ya know Bill, I have asked about that here and in person many times. "What are any observed cause and effect of when the bigs are on the LB and when do they leave. I have never got more than a 'well it may be". Food, temp, or? no one has seemed to keep track of the coming and going factors.