371 area on 10/29

Madocarmo

Aug 9, 2020
Upland
Name
Matthew
Boat
2101 Striper WA
Me and my buddy launched out of Shelter Island Wednesday 10/28 at 7am and got a very healthy scoop of bait for the day.

We headed straight towards the 226 area to start and got there at about 9am (got stopped by coast guard for an hour). We trolled around the area for a bit as we were metering some fish and threw out some live bait but couldn’t get any bites so we started heading towards the 371 area and that’s where we found our first tiny patty.

We were able to land 2 small dorado and saw them swimming around us everywhere as we chummed and fished. We released a some as we were looking for tuna but the bite ended soon and then there was nothing. We decided to keep moving and try somewhere else.

About a mile towards the 425 area we found a couple more large paddies where we found the tiny yellows. My buddy kept a couple that were badly injured and released the rest.

Since we had the late start we had to head back after that but can’t complain! We’ll be heading out again tomorrow 10/30 to look for the YFT but think we might start with the 425 area this time. Let me know if anyone else will be around!!

115CE59B-2B07-4076-A52A-C14661F04CCC.jpeg

45E22FD6-703D-4911-A3D3-553C647B7249.jpeg

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Were you the one stopped around 9 mile ish area? The coat guard had both ships the cutter and their small craft out? We drove by wondering what was up. But if that wasn't you then they were out there stopping everyone then.

Reactions: Madocarmo

Madocarmo

Aug 9, 2020
Upland
Name
Matthew
Boat
2101 Striper WA
Were you the one stopped around 9 mile ish area? The coat guard had both ships the cutter and their small craft out? We drove by wondering what was up. But if that wasn't you then they were out there stopping everyone then.
They stopped us right at Point Loma on the small craft, I think they mentioned we were their first stop

clizza

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 3, 2012
fontana ca us
Name
cliff
Boat
a-saltweapon
I will be working the same area tomorrow. If you want to radio together. I am cliff of the curse is reel. Ch72

Me and my buddy launched out of Shelter Island Wednesday 10/28 at 7am and got a very healthy scoop of bait for the day.

We headed straight towards the 226 area to start and got there at about 9am (got stopped by coast guard for an hour). We trolled around the area for a bit as we were metering some fish and threw out some live bait but couldn’t get any bites so we started heading towards the 371 area and that’s where we found our first tiny patty.

We were able to land 2 small dorado and saw them swimming around us everywhere as we chummed and fished. We released a some as we were looking for tuna but the bite ended soon and then there was nothing. We decided to keep moving and try somewhere else.

About a mile towards the 425 area we found a couple more large paddies where we found the tiny yellows. My buddy kept a couple that were badly injured and released the rest.

Since we had the late start we had to head back after that but can’t complain! We’ll be heading out again tomorrow 10/30 to look for the YFT but think we might start with the 425 area this time. Let me know if anyone else will be around!!

View attachment 1218313

View attachment 1218314

THE GRAYS

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
Nice catch, yummy sushi and the yellow in the picture is decent, a lot of the yellows have been much smaller than that this year.
Last year we were stopped 3 times. If you keep the slip/paper they gave you proving you are compliant, the subsequent stops go quick. Although the kids do love when we get stopped and they usually tell us some stories of their travels.
Good luck tomorrow, hoping to hit that area next week.

jeffkaiser

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 14, 2005
escondido, ca
Name
Jazz’s Dad
Boat
Grady White Adventure 208
Nice catch, yummy sushi and the yellow in the picture is decent, a lot of the yellows have been much smaller than that this year.
Last year we were stopped 3 times. If you keep the slip/paper they gave you proving you are compliant, the subsequent stops go quick. Although the kids do love when we get stopped and they usually tell us some stories of their travels.
Good luck tomorrow, hoping to hit that area next week.
I got stopped by the Coasties last week coming back into Mission Bay and they didn't give me any form or paper?? Asked me for "license and registration for the boat" and the lead guy had the rookie filling out some form using my paperwork while I chatted with the other four guys about their diesel inboard inflatable. I wonder if I am in the "system" now? 8-)