3700 sized tackle bag recommendations

Jul 17, 2017
Tuna Grounds
Name
Gouryella
Boat
Lil Yachty
I got a super good deal on a Plano Guide 3700 Series bag. The main body holds 5 size 3750 boxes and the front pouch holds a single 3650 sized box.....

Wonder if there are upgradable shoulder straps out there for bags like these. I have a shimano borona bag, some what similar to your Plano. Weighs a ton though since I have bunch of stuffs in it. The factory shoulder straps sucks.

Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2017
Tuna Grounds
Name
Gouryella
Boat
Lil Yachty
The weight issue is the reason why I prefer the backpack models now versus the shoulder straps...

Which backpack do you use now?

I actually had a Shimano Blackmoon, but looked like it couldn't handle heavy gear so I ended up getting rid of it lol. Those Nomad/Predator Roller bags look nice. Only this that sucks about them is if the wheels go out, you have to replace the whole bag I believe.

Upvote 0

craig ito

Almost A Member
Dec 13, 2017
norwalk
Name
craig
Boat
seaswirl
I’ve had that shimano one with the trays on bottom with a nice compartment on top for a few years and has been holding up fine so far, couple trays are starting to crack but works fine for me...I have lots of lead (tray of lead heads, tray of egg sinkers, and some dropper loop weights, tray of metal jigs like snipers, flat falls),and a bag of irion makes up most weight...might be the bag you returned...this what I use on 1-3 day trips...mostly Clemente once a month on a charter and try and sneak a couple trips in between, go on a 18 day in January, my 7th trip and probably my last long one....

Upvote 0

BlackShuck

Jun 12, 2018
Woodland Hills
Name
Brady
Boat
N/A
Got the fish lab roller bag yesterday. Started to put stuff in the trays and the top. The bottom tray is a 3700 deep was able to fit six rigged tady flatfalls. They are big. Four shimano 350g rigged flatfalls. Two squider rigged flatfalls. Five 200g to 300g flat falls not rigged. Five 100g to 200g flat falls. And still had room for assist hooks. swivels. Split rings and single replacement hooks. There is a ton of room in the top for pliers, sunglasses 20lbs to 100lbs ( every ten pounds) fluorocarbon spools (seagaur). This bag has more room than the nomad and a better layout in my opinion.
Did you get the small or large roller? I know the large holds 3700 size boxes, but was wondering if you could fit the 3700s in the small roller somehow.

Upvote 0