365 DAY, YEAR FROM PURCHASE LICENSE....Lets get this done!!

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by ?? fisherman, May 6, 2019.

1. plj46

plj46 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    And you want more fishermen in this state why ? obviously more money hasn't improved a damn thing.You're comparison of a fishing license to tow insurance is a little off.And yes if this passes you can bet your license will cost more !

2. af dreamer

af dreamer I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    44 luhrs dreamer
    We could also do it like a drivers license,on your Bday!Tom

3. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
  4. Mike_I

Mike_I Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Mike_I
    Boat:
    Cabo 216 "First Love"
  5. the SLIDER

the SLIDER https://multimediabylj.com

Name:
    L J
    Boat:
    arima - the SLIDER
    Let's NOT!

Only fix broken stuff.

I fish year round and January 1st is easy to remember.

I appreciate the donation from others who may not fish as much.

Move on!

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    plj46 and jbaik like this.
  6. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Haha... do you somehow think you will now have to buy it on another month other than January? You wont lol.

You can keep buying just as you have.....simple.

And the whole reason for this is because it is broken and needs fixing.

Holy cow.....some of you are making this into something far more complicated than it is. LOL

The unknown fisherman:p:

7. stairman

stairman ......

Name:
    doug
    Boat:
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    since when has the price of a license not gone up anyway?
    approach the mirror please...
    I just spent 2 years in virginia and the cost of both years wasnt what one year costs here and it's good from a year when you bought it...you also have your name and lic number recorded and the wardens can check a data base in their hand held computer if you forgot yours...
    I did one day.. he asks my nane... then asks me to give him the pin number and clarify my address.. said thanks you are good. you can go on believing those shit heads you vote for have your best interests at heart...or you go to the mirror and apply the punishment

jer dog likes this.
  8. the SLIDER

Name:
    L J
    Boat:
    arima - the SLIDER
    Yes you are.

plj46 likes this.
  9. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    and they can't understand why they look
    like a SHEEP in the mirror .lol.

stairman likes this.
  10. stairman

stairman ......

Name:
    doug
    Boat:
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    sheep enjoy being clipped close..I like carl. he is a fun guy to fish with....
    along with licence prices being lower...the roads are better maintained...the sales and state income taxes are 1/3 what we pay here and gas is 1.25 a gallon cheaper...you can make 50% less and still own everything you own here in California with the same amount of work....the fishing opportunities are endless...how does 250k for five acres with a 3b 2 bath house On the water with a dock in your yard you can catch all the blue claw crabs you can eat.

11. shellback

shellback Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    shellback
    Boat:
    other peoples
    the dfg's goal is to aquire more money for research. they have absolutely NO interest in recreational fishing other than what money can be made off of it. biologists and bean counters at the dfg don't want recreational fishing to occur at all-again because there is virtually no money to be made off it. commercial fishing pays taxes on every fish they catch and big bucks for permits and licencing. we are nothing but a pain in the ass to the dfg

oh, I forgot to add: I bought a California fishing licence at one point for $0.50.
    FUCK THEM

12. plj46

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    [/QUOTE] cow.....some of you are making this into something far more complicated than it is. LOL

The unknown fisherman:p:[/QUOTE] Says the guy that has written paragraphs on the subject numerous times.

13. ?? fisherman

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    This whole change is honestly quite simple and easy. Not sure why some of you seem to think it will suddenly change the way you currently like to buy your license??

This is simply to make it a better system for everyone.

Maybe you guys who have such a hard time remembering when to renew, should try to convince Mexico to change to a calander year system as well......lets see how well that goes over.

Man.....so many negative people over something that wont even effect those who like it as it currently is, since they can continue on just as they have been, and yet it will make for a much better deal for ALL involved. All that and yet some want to twist this simple change into some kind of conspiracy or something???

14. plj46

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    Geezus.

15. the SLIDER

Name:
    L J
    Boat:
    arima - the SLIDER
    Not negative, just don't see a change for the sake of change. Really don't want the Gov reevaluating anything, never works out for the good. Look how the new tax structure has benefited the middle class . . . lol.

I have no skin in the game. Carry on . . .

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  16. NukeDawg

NukeDawg Member

Name:
    dub-dub-dub
    Boat:
    17' Arima Sea Angler
    why *should* decreasing fishing license sales be important to those that buy licenses?

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  17. Day0ne

Day0ne Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    David
    Boat:
    233 Formula Shadowdancer
    I'd be curious as to where you are getting your info. It doesn't jive with what I've read and doesn't seem correct.

18. ?? fisherman

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    It's been mentioned many times in numerous articles over the past few years.

Below is a direct quote taken from just one article of many that gives this same info. ;)

— Replaces California’s current calendar-based system for a fishing license that is Currently in California, the licensing system is calendar-based. According to Rob Southwick and
    Associates, a national marketing and economics firm which analyses fishing license sales throughout the country, states that offer a 365-day license are outperforming revenue of states that only offer a calendar-based license.

19. Hismosa

Hismosa I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Glenn
    Boat:
    20' Skipjack
    If the stat was, once, the state adopted the new 365 day license the revenue went up you may have some evidence. But that's not what it says and holds very little merit in this argument. For all we know those states simply have more lakes/water/fishing available.

20. ?? fisherman

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    My gawd man!!
    Seems a few of you want to find every excuse in the book to knock this thing down. It's as if a bunch of you have some sort of crazed paranoia over this subject??

Guys! This isn't some monster battle we are trying to take on here. It's also not some complicated matter that should it go through will suddenly make things much different for those of you who claim you buy your license on January 1st each year.

All you January guys can continue to make your January purchase and NOTHING will change...why is this so hard for some to understand? LOL

I obviously cant speak for everyone, but most people I know want to get the most bang for their buck when making a purchase.

Let me try another silly spin, in hopes that maybe, just maybe, some of you might suddenly realize how and why a 365 day from date of purchase is far superior to a calander year purchase... (cant even believe I need to explain this, but here goes).

It's mid June of 2019, the big Bluefin are on the chew and the hot ticket has been the yummie flyers. You hit up your local go to tackle shop to purchase some yummies.

There is a sign above the bins holding the yummies that states that the plastic used in the making and molding of these yummies will desinegrate and fall apart within 12 months of the manufactured date stamp which can be seen on the tails of the baits.

You are looking to buy 5 and there are only 10 left, with 5 showing a manufactured date stamp of Aug 2018 and the other 5 showing a manufactured date stamp of May 2019, and they all share the same price.

Which do you think is going to sell better/quicker......which would you want to buy? LOL LOL.

Yeah yeah I know....it's so blatently stupid and yet simple and obvious that even a caveman could figure it out.....but hey....figured some still need a bit more explaining :D

And before someone says "Hey, thats not quite the same". Yeah I know dat!

one is regarding a fishing license, the other a large swimbait. The correlation between the two is the date of purchase and getting the best bang for your hard earned money.....so why would any of us wish to deny anyone of that??

The FACT is, not everyone buys their license in January for various reasons, yet everyone wants to get the most out of their purchase.

By changing the currently flawed calander year system to the new 365 days from date of purchase......nobody gets burned and everyone wins. Pretty simple.