360Tuna dysfunction

Discussion in 'Texas Fishing Reports' started by a_p, Feb 14, 2019.

1. a_p

a_p Newbie

Name:
    John Wayne
    Boat:
    Taob
    Normally, I wouldn't post on this site about another site. For the record, I LR fish out of SD, but have occasionally fished tuna out of Galveston (Capt John) and Freeport (Big E) in the past, since I live in Dallas.

Anyway, I wanted to follow some of the New Buccaneer / Dolphin Express trips so I registered on 360Tuna. My account works and I can login, but I can't post. I've sent multiple messages to the admins and received nothing in response other than a ringing silence.

Are they actively trying to destroy their site?

Sigh ...

2. karlk1125

karlk1125 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Karl Kobler
    Boat:
    Looking for a World Cat 320 EC
    I just made a post on there...have no idea whats going on for you!

a_p likes this.
  3. a_p

a_p Newbie

Name:
    John Wayne
    Boat:
    Taob
    Thank you! It's greatly appreciated. I feel the need to feed my tuna addiction in the Gulf, and that's where the Gulf boats post trips, etc.

4. Whalebreath

Whalebreath Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Carl Z
    Boat:
    That site has had 'technical issues' for years and no one seems to give a shit I've heard the same thing about people trying to register at least a dozen times.

5. a_p

a_p Newbie

Name:
    John Wayne
    Boat:
    Taob
    Wow. I don't even know what to say to that.

6. Grunts N Grits

Grunts N Grits Newbie

Name:
    Salty Cracker
    Boat:
    Seldom it seems nowadays
    Add me to the list of people who thought they were signing up only to find I can log in and show up on home page as "users currently logged in". (members online now)

But then get told I have "insufficient privileges" if I try to post or do anything.

My emails to the "contact us" tab have gone ignored as well.

Guess some of us are just not worthy.:D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    a_p likes this.
  7. Don Boulis

Don Boulis member

Name:
    Don Boulis
    Boat:
    Reel Faith
    I don’t know anything about your web site glitch, but I can say the dolphin express crew is awesome. It’s a no frills boat, meaning no fancy meals and such, but it’s safe and I think the crew was more interested in folks getting their YFT limits than half the customers. The prices are higher than the Capt John, but you have half the anglers on a bigger boat. I’ve never been on the Big E so I can’t compare them. I’ve got family in the Freeport area, so if you can provide any feed back on the Big E I’d appreciate it.

8. FWM0103

FWM0103 Newbie

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    not any more
    The Big E used to be THE boat, but it has been gone for a number of years. It's demise is hard to track.

9. a_p

a_p Newbie

Name:
    John Wayne
    Boat:
    Taob
    The Big E was really hurt by the reduction in the snapper limits, and hurricane Ike was the final nail in the coffin. It was sold into Louisiana and I heard it was subsequently resold due to more financial problems. It was a terrific fishing boat; really THE boat on the Texas Coast.

I was down in Port A about a month ago and spoke to the guys on the Dolphin Express. I really liked them and their obvious enthusiasm for tuna fishing. It's a long way from Dallas, but I'll be spending some time in the Austin area this year and hope to fish the Express a number of times later this year.

10. Don Boulis

Don Boulis member

Name:
    Don Boulis
    Boat:
    Reel Faith
    Guess that’s why I haven’t heard of it. My travels to Freeport have all been post Ike. Dolphin docks has a few other boats they run but the express is the fastest. 20 knots or so. That crew is all about YFT. Anything else is by catch or bait.

11. a_p

a_p Newbie

Name:
    John Wayne
    Boat:
    Taob
    It's been a while since I fished the Capt. John, but, at the time, the boat was really targeting blackfin rather than yellowfin. I caught a 78 lb YFT on the Big E while chunking after my arms got tired from jigging up BFT from ~250 feet. There was nothing wrong with the Capt. John except that it it didn't have the legs for the more distant oil rigs.

12. Don Boulis

Don Boulis member

Name:
    Don Boulis
    Boat:
    Reel Faith
    Absolutely agree. Capt John a great boat. The focus is catch fish and stay affordable to the masses. The do get YFT but there are more black fin at the rigs they frequent. The express costs just shy of double the Capt john but you have half the crowd and a clear target of YFT that are more abundant. That pic is from the express in January. 147lbs between those two. Chunking was the main bite that night. I’m taking my son in law on the Capt John in april and hitting the express again in nov.

13. lougio

lougio Capt Lou

Name:
    Lou
    Boat:
    '03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
    I've only used 360 for the classifieds and haven't had any issues.

14. Day0ne

Day0ne Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    David
    Boat:
    233 Formula Shadowdancer
    There are some that would argue that point, myself included.

You might try the New Buccaneer instead of the Capt John

15. Don Boulis

Don Boulis member

Name:
    Don Boulis
    Boat:
    Reel Faith

Appreciate the referral. Already booked and paid for the April trip. I’ll give the Buccaneer a look for a future trip. I picked the Capt John at the beginning of April because they usually make bottom fishing stops on the way out and back too. Amber Jack opens 1 April and they tend to know where to stop for them.

16. Grunts N Grits

Grunts N Grits Newbie

Name:
    Salty Cracker
    Boat:
    Seldom it seems nowadays
    Seems that is what most of the posts there are nowadays. But if you are not already a member from quite some time ago, they seem to not be "confirming"
    any new sign ups.

You can setup a user name and password and log in, then nothing. Anything you try to do says "you have insufficient privileges to perform this action".

Kind of hard for me to buy something from someones listing there when it won't let me reply to it.:confused:

Today I see posts on there from guys whose paid subscriptions are getting charged but they are not getting the upgrade features yet.

Guess I should feel lucky, when I hit the "support this site button" it told me "you have insufficient privileges to perform this action". :D

One_Leg likes this.
  17. Texastuna

Texastuna Texastuna

Name:
    Jesse baker
    Boat:
    Dolphin Express
    Dolphin Express is the way to go!!!

Get’n Jiggy likes this.
  18. Don Boulis

Don Boulis member

Name:
    Don Boulis
    Boat:
    Reel Faith
    Oh yes, we covered that straight away, then we ended up with taking about Galveston and Freeport. For YFT on the Texas coast the Dolphin Express is the hottest thing going. IMHO.

19. sabinecapt

sabinecapt Newbie

Name:
    Huey
    Boat:
    Hayley
    I don’t think there is anyone maintaining the 360 tuna website. I had the same problem and was telling my wife about it who works in IT and she went to site made a new profile and poof it worked so I just went with that profile to be able to secure a spot on an exclusive trip to 360 members. I have not fished captain John out of Galveston but have fished new buccaneer. It is definitely a no frills fishing boat it does not have showers but most tuna trips are only 30 hrs with a few hrs of bottom fishing then to tuna grounds for the night then usually run back to dock. Galley food pretty good and reasonably priced and a beer will run you $2.50 and they are pretty liberal with it. The crew is young and energetic all stand up guys that are there to do there best to help the sports catch fish. I have rarely seen the staff fishing there are 4 or 5 guys working the deck at all times. I will say with the trip being very affordable at a modest$350.00 some of the people you will be fishing with are on the inexperienced side and when they do hook a good fish don’t understand how to stay with the fish and a lot of others don’t understand how to make way. Hence a lot of fish tend to get lost. Overall I always have a good time because

20. Get’n Jiggy

Get’n Jiggy Yo Momma

Name:
    A A Ron
    Boat:
    Pharcyde
    Capt John boat is a POS

If you like to rub on smelly guys ass’s and smell stinky feet while trying to nap then it’s your boat. If you like to run out of fresh water 8hrs into a 36hr trip then it’s your boat. If you like to chum with dog food then it’s your boat. If you like deckhands that won’t gaff your catch then it’s your boat. If you like to NOT CAST OVERHEAD then it’s your boat.

Serious offshore guy would never go on that boat.

I’m surprised that boat hasn’t sunk in the gulf.

It would be a great snapper reef!

Bananas are included too