flyliner

@thereelflyliner
Aug 19, 2007
Santa Monica
Name
Jonathan
Boat
31' Cabo Express
I have narrowed down the search for my next boat to either a 32 Albemarle Express, or 31 Cabo Express.

If anyone has been on both of these boats, or if anyone owns either one of these boats, I would love to get your thoughts, good and bad.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Last edited:

dcarlisle

Captain
Jun 25, 2008
The Island
Name
Dave
Boat
Boatless
Wow, you pose a seriously good question.
I have little expierience with either, but both have a great reputation in that category so build quality may not be the factor, rather engine quality and layout.
Everyone I know with either one absolutely loves them.

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat
35 Cabo Express
If you can, step up just a little to the 35 Cabo. You won't regret it and the resale makes it a good investment.

downtime

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 12, 2006
San Diego
Name
Ronson
Boat
26 Skipjack "Reel Hard"
The Cabos I have been on were built like no other boat. Like a Rolls Royce or Bentley on the water. The fit and finish is superior.
Good luck in your search.

prater

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 16, 2007
lake havasu city, AZ
Name
michael
Boat
luhrs 30 open, "Arms Wide Open"
Not sure if this is fair comparison, but I fish on a Cabo 43 and have been up close and personal with a Albemarle 36. Both are outstanding with really nice fit and finish, and assuming their other sized boats are made as well, I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. But given your extensive fishing background, you probably already knew this, and that's why they're on your short list!
By the way, why did you get rid of the Tiara? I've heard nothing but nice things about them, although I have no direct experience.

Laukia

boss
Nov 30, 2004
Carpinteria
Name
Dave R
Boat
28' Carolina Classic
Yes, but that's the new 29 Albemarle, which runs about $422,000. Totally different boat to an early to mid 2000 vintage 32 Albemarle.
The new 29 Albemarle (outboards/bracket) is the same 10' 6" beam/hull as the 28 Carolina Classic (mould). I talked to Berkeley about putting in the new Seakeeper 2 model in my boat. He said it wasn't going to work in terms of meeting their 90% efficiency ratio. My boat is too heavy in my inboard configuration and the Model 3 Seakeeper is too heavy to add on. With the new price of the 29 Albemarle.....good lord.