30lb yellow at church rock

Yagelberk

Apr 18, 2015
Name
Yagel berk
Boat
Pink lady
Caught this yellowtail on a bucktail with a fresh dead squid. On a Abu ambassador with 20lb mono . Crazy 20 min fight ! Weather was nice only yellowtail we saw all day.

image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Caught this yellowtail on a bucktail with a fresh dead squid. On a Abu ambassador with 20lb mono . Crazy 20 min fight ! Weather was nice only yellowtail we saw all day.

View attachment 853548 View attachment 853549

Nice job, nice fish!!

Are you taking that nice Yellowtail for a walk?
I ask because I made the mistake one time hanging a fish over a boat only to have a seal try to take the fish and rope. (suggestion)

Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Good job--one question: how close, or were you close to being spooled? You MUST have had that drag down pretty tight and it must have a decent poundage of drag to boot

Upvote 0

Yagelberk

Apr 18, 2015
Name
Yagel berk
Boat
Pink lady
Good job--one question: how close, or were you close to being spooled? You MUST have had that drag down pretty tight and it must have a decent poundage of drag to boot

Upvote 0

Yagelberk

Apr 18, 2015
Name
Yagel berk
Boat
Pink lady
almost spooled me ! My buddie cleared the other lines and fired up the boat just in time to chase him down. Hooked him in 45 ft of water and he ran strait out to the deep. And I use the rope to bleed and field dress him, gotta be on your toes though cause the dogs. ( the boat has carpet so hanging him over the side is necessary to avoid a mess )

image.jpg

Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
almost spooled me ! My buddie cleared the other lines and fired up the boat just in time to chase him down. Hooked him in 45 ft of water and he ran strait out to the deep. And I use the rope to bleed and field dress him, gotta be on your toes though cause the dogs. ( the boat has carpet so hanging him over the side is necessary to avoid a mess )

View attachment 853589
I'm getting the picture now, I love the blow by blow. You know, I worry so much about the Seals--huge ass, coming out of nowhere, that I would be tempted to try and get em bled into a cooler--or bring em in, tie a tail rope and be ready to go, get the boat moving, then put em on the rail, slit, and toss em over to bleed while moving--and I would still worry about those high powered thieves. I had one practically break my wrist with a bonito on a tie after bleeding. That tether will never again, be anywhere but a cleat.

Upvote 0

Latest posts