Mickeyfin

Mickeyfin
Jul 18, 2003
santa monica,ca.
Name
Mickeyfin
Boat
no
Is there such a thing? Looking to get my 6 yr old Grandson his 1st set-up for a 1/2 day summer trip. So far I have a Penn Rival 15LW. Plan to have him tuna fishing in no time :)
Thanks, Mick

Upvote 0

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
la mesa ca
Name
mike de vito
Boat
20ft nitro
big 5 has sales al the time for like 50-60 dollars for a saltwater rod. other option is a gently used one from the BD classifieds or tackle traders

Upvote 0

Rusty123

Yep
Mar 7, 2019
Long Beach
Name
Rusty
Boat
Bayliner cuddy
Is there such a thing? Looking to get my 6 yr old Grandson his 1st set-up for a 1/2 day summer trip. So far I have a Penn Rival 15LW. Plan to have him tuna fishing in no time :)
Thanks, Mick
Rival should be fine on the half day, just gonna drop straight down anyway right? Fairly light setup for what it is. Decent combo for the price. And if he drops it over the rail, won’t hurt your pocketbook too much.
If u want spinning setup <$50 - i would go for Daiwa D wave, Abu Garcia Bruiser, Penn pursuit(about $70), or something similar

Reactions: Mickeyfin
Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Have sold many "economy" rods throughout the years. 2 words....UGLY STICK. Hard to beat..... hard to break.... not that expensive. Pretty durable. One they Would be willing to use....later in their fishing career...lol. Great guarantee. Good luck. Hope you guys have a blast!!

Reactions: makairaa and kevina
    Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    I Have gotten some good Allstar rods on BD.
    I think they gave me good deals. $30 or $40 bucks.
    Gave one away with a Penn 500 in new condition that I paid $20 bucks from a cool member from here to my cousin. The other I fished recently with my first salt reel from the late 80's. PENN 505hs. I would see what BD has local to you as you can see the free offers from some coolheads here. 👍 ✌️

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0