Toad
Aug 7, 2017
Yreka
Name
Jim Todd
Boat
State of Jefferson kayak
Hey gang,

I was fortunate enough to get contacted about a few openings on the SOA this year and booked a 10 day in October. The last three years have been sketchy with a divorce, covid, and me basically being a work-a-holic. My last trip was an 8 day on the AA in 2018. On this trip I was fortunate enough catch some fish and hang out with an old friend on what may have been his last trip.

Anyway, I’m back physically, mentally, and financially. What has changed in the last three years and what did I miss? I’m very excited to get to fish with this group on the SOA again. It’s good to have the passion for fishing back. I live way up at the top of Cali so I haven’t been back home to Dago in a bit. I would appreciate any updates you all have.

Thanks,

Tight lines and best wishes,

Jimmy T

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    You could spend 10 days within 200 Miles of the Point fishing cow bluefin. Welcome back, been through the divorce hiatus and remember wat a rush it was to get back on the water

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    The Dolphin Hotel is gone. A new one is opening soon with much higher prices and the Vagabond is being remodeled and might be under a different name if the sell went though. Welcome back to long range fishing. O and Mike sold the boat. New owner is great.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Jim Todd

Toad
    Aug 7, 2017
    Yreka
    Name
    Jim Todd
    Boat
    State of Jefferson kayak
    You could spend 10 days within 200 Miles of the Point fishing cow bluefin. Welcome back, been through the divorce hiatus and remember wat a rush it was to get back on the water
    Thanks,
    The last trip I did was with you I think. Didn’t you catch like 13 wahoo on the pink and black jig? I can’t wait to get back out there.

Reactions: Yellowtail Dan
    Upvote 0

Jim Todd

Toad
    Aug 7, 2017
    Yreka
    Name
    Jim Todd
    Boat
    State of Jefferson kayak
    The Dolphin Hotel is gone. A new one is opening soon with much higher prices and the Ramada is being remodeled and might be under a different name is the sell went though. Welcome back to long range fishing. O and Mike sold the boat. New owner is great.
    Thanks Soda,
    Is Mike retired now? Is Brian still around?

Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

• Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    Thanks,
    The last trip I did was with you I think. Didn’t you catch like 13 wahoo on the pink and black jig? I can’t wait to get back out there.

Yes it was and yes I did. Me and that Pink Salas had some fun that trip. Hope all is well and glad you're getting back out. The same group of us are all still fishing that same trip on the AA, it's booked but if you can sneak on the waiting list we'd love to have you back.

Reactions: Jim Todd
    Upvote 0

Jim Todd

Toad
    Aug 7, 2017
    Yreka
    Name
    Jim Todd
    Boat
    State of Jefferson kayak
    Yes it was and yes I did. Me and that Pink Salas had some fun that trip. Hope all is well and glad you're getting back out. The same group of us are all still fishing that same trip on the AA, it's booked but if you can sneak on the waiting list we'd love to have you back.
    Thanks,
    I’m going to be a grandpa later this summer so I’ll only be doing the one trip this year so that I can make time with the little fella. I’ll definitely be down to do another trip on the AA with you guys again in the future. I love that boat and crew. I learned and gained so much confidence in the jig for wahoo from you guys.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Upvote 0

Jim Todd

Toad
    Aug 7, 2017
    Yreka
    Name
    Jim Todd
    Boat
    State of Jefferson kayak
    Rumor has it the albacore are almost here. Looks like you picked a good time to come back.
    Albacore? It’s been a long time since I’ve seen them “chew the paint off of the boat”. Lol I still can smell them from the early 2000’s.

Upvote 0