I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 14, 2014
san diego
www.tipsharing.com
Name
Ian Sun
Boat
fishingap
This is not for a recent trip, but a new summary of my past trips for catfish fishing. To keep it short:
No. 1, found a point with dropoff nearby
No. 2, fished next to a rock pile on the point
No. 3, used a special two-hook setup
Hope these help you hook bigger ones as well in 2020 and see you on socal lakes :cheers:

Reactions: Brad I and mrkrabs

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
I used to use nightcrawlers and chicken livers. I also used an inflator for the worms.
I was bored one day at the lake. I ran out of livers. So I filled the inflator with the chicken blood. And then put the blood in the nightcrawlers. I couldn't believe how many cats I caught. And how many large bass wanted to play.

fishingap

Sep 14, 2014
san diego
www.tipsharing.com
Name
Ian Sun
Boat
fishingap
I used to use nightcrawlers and chicken livers. I also used an inflator for the worms.
I was bored one day at the lake. I ran out of livers. So I filled the inflator with the chicken blood. And then put the blood in the nightcrawlers. I couldn't believe how many cats I caught. And how many large bass wanted to play.
That's quite creative! Bloody worm for fresh water:) Thanks for sharing.

kenstevens1, I heard bluegills are good too. Thanks for pointing that out.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Good info! Did you buy the waterdogs from bait store or catch them live?
They are available on the lower Colorado River.
But they are illegal in San Diego. I used to use them to catch cats. Bass eat them because they hate them. The waterdogs eat the fish eggs.

fishingap

Sep 14, 2014
san diego
www.tipsharing.com
Name
Ian Sun
Boat
fishingap
they look similar to the mudsuckers in my hometown, which are good bait as well. The stricter bait rules in CA will get local angulars more creative, such as the chicken bloody worm above:D. Thanks fir the info