Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    They shouldn't allow chairs on trips 5 days or less. Chairs are for when your traveling 1-3 days each direction on Long Range Trips. Anything less than 5 day trips, the deck will be a cluster fuck of chairs.

I’ve never seen a chair on a 1.5 day or 3 day. I see those 3 prong camping chairs while trolling. That’s about it. Are you telling me you’ve seen beach chairs on boats? 😂

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
    Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    I’ve never seen a chair on a 1.5 day or 3 day. I see those 3 prong camping chairs while trolling. That’s about it. Are you telling me you’ve seen beach chairs on boats? 😂
    Yes. Also read post #16 and #18. I really f....g hate it when they put their chairs in front of the galley doors and it a bitch trying to get in and out of the galley.

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat
    African Queen
    Latest: (weight on big one seems to have changed):
    "The Polaris Supreme now has 17 Bluefin Tuna up to 115lbs. They are seeing a much bigger grade of fish today and have suffered some casualties due to tackle failure. Please be prepared with everything from 40-100# line."

Upvote 0

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    Yes. Also read post #16 and #18. I really f....g hate it when they put their chairs in front of the galley doors and it a bitch trying to get in and out of the galley.

I need to see that for myself. With 28 to 32 passengers someone would of told em off 100%. I’m shocked on this fishing practice by people. Has to be the same people Aliyar lost bluefin tuna today because bass rods were on board

Upvote 0

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    How did you hear that? I see a lot of open spots for Friday fish Sat 1.5 out of SD. But I was looking at the wind forecast for the rest of the week and it looks bad 20 -30 knots maybe not down toward MX as much but looks like those trips are going to cancel? Anybody else see that ?
    THU
    NW winds 10 to 20 kt, becoming 15 to 25 kt in the afternoon.
    Combined seas 6 to 8 ft dominant period 8 seconds. Patchy fog in the
    morning.

THU NIGHT
    NW winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt in the
    evening, becoming 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Combined seas
    7 to 9 ft dominant period 8 seconds.

FRI
    NW winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt in the afternoon.
    Combined seas 6 to 8 ft dominant period 8 seconds.

FRI NIGHT
    NW winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts to 35 kt. Combined seas
    8 to 9 ft dominant period 8 seconds.

SAT
    NW winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Combined seas 8 to
    10 ft. Patchy fog.

SUN
    NW winds 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Wind waves 2 to
    4 ft. NW swell 6 to 8 ft. Patchy fog.

Yep, have a trip scheduled to San Nicolas leaving Friday night on a sporty.. pretty sure it will be scrapped. The spot that Aliyar is fishing at right now looks doable this weekend.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    I need to see that for myself. With 28 to 32 passengers someone would of told em off 100%. I’m shocked on this fishing practice by people. Has to be the same people Aliyar lost bluefin tuna today because bass rods were on board
    Luckley they (Polaris Supreme) only takes 24, That's all they sleep. Theirs always one of those "That Guy" on every trip, that think there the only one on the boat. It doesn't do any good telling him off, Because you need to deal with him the whole trip, especially if your on a 10+ day trip, Let the crew take care of it, Or pitch his chair over at night when everyone is asleep if he doesn't change his ways.

Upvote 0

PullOnThis

Almost A Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    California
    Name
    PullOnThis One
    Boat
    Floating beer cooler
    Legit question, if you have to drop down to light line to get a bite, then you happen to get picked up, is everyone gonna get pissed? I am all for everyone dropping down together but when the guys with 20 size reels and 100# leaders can’t get a sniff, how is it a huge problem that someone got hit with 30#?

If they’re chewing the paint off in the corner, sure... but if it’s a pick bite, and nobody can get a bite on anything BUT light line, wouldn’t you want a shot at trying to land your fish without a bunch of your fellow anglers, or the Captain grumbling?

(Side note - I bring everything from 20# gear to 130# setups on ANY trip with a shot at BFT and would use the heaviest leaders I can get bit on)

Upvote 0

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    Luckley they (Polaris Supreme) only takes 24, That's all they sleep. Theirs always one of those "That Guy" on every trip, that think there the only one on the boat. It doesn't do any good telling him off, Because you need to deal with him the whole trip, especially if your on a 10+ day trip, Let the crew take care of it, Or pitch his chair over at night when everyone is asleep if he doesn't change his ways

I’m just shocked no one Atleast brought it to a deckhands attention

Reactions: chilidip
    Upvote 0

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    I’m just shocked no one Atleast brought it to a deckhands attention

the chairs themselves are not an issue if it’s an ultra limited load situation and they place them in areas where it doesn’t impeded access areas. I believe it started on the LR charters where they have travel days down to lupe, ridge etc. and the guys know where to place a few chairs to get some rest/sun.

I don’t think they work in a short 1.5 to 3 day open party where people are trying to optimize fishing time in a short period. The boats should have a simple policy to ban foldable chairs on these trips. Can you imagine having 20+ chairs on deck? 🤦

Upvote 0

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    the chairs themselves are not an issue if it’s an ultra limited load situation and they place them in areas where it doesn’t impeded access areas. I believe it started on the LR charters where they have travel days down to lupe, ridge etc. and the guys know where to place a few chairs to get some rest/sun.

I don’t think they work in a short 1.5 to 3 day open party where people are trying to optimize fishing time in a short period. The boats should have a simple policy to ban foldable chairs on these trips. Can you imagine having 20+ chairs on deck? 🤦

Yah that’s what I was focusing on. Because I mainly fish 1.5 to 3 day quite often. And I cant imagine the mayhem of beach chairs on the deck with 28 to 32 people walking around the deck. The people who are bringing these chairs? Need to get a talking to. I would feel embarrassed if one of my friends brought one on the boat. I would tell em to take it back to the truck. You have to be out of your mind thinking it’s okay to plop down on a beach chair impeding people’s foot traffic while fishing.

Upvote 0

Piizzii

🐟
  • Oct 17, 2020
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Name
    Piizzii
    Boat
    No
    Just got home, resting up while I wait for my call from 5 Star 8-) I believe the final count was 24, mostly in the 38-45# range but one hit 94+on the scale. Nice fish. Cap't and crew rocked, boat is awesome, I will definitely fish it again. It was a tad nautical out there, downright sporty. First two priorities were staying IN the boat and NOT dropping my rig, landing fish was a distant third. Didn't know BFT ate colt snipers, that was a first for me. I got mine on FF's but the colts were doing a great job, some took bait but I think most were caught on jigs of some stripe.
    How was the food. What was on the menu? I see they do meals included.

Upvote 0

Shimano Penn

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Dec 3, 2014
    Chula Vista
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Fond Memory
    Can't really comment on the food as I had just come off oral surgery and was pretty much living on over ripe bananas and oatmeal :rolleyes:

Upvote 0