3/4 day Yellows

LA Smoker

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2007
LA buey
Name
Bob
Went Down to Seaforth aboard the best 3/4 day boat imho, the San Diego, on Saturday the 4th. fished about 7 miles south of the islands with a load of 49. Landed a yellow on the Yo Yo, pulled the hook on a couple. Someone on the boat landed 1 on a surface iron. Had such a great time went back down on Monday only to be greeted by a load of 67 including myself. I've been out of school so long forgot all about spring break. Boat landed 4, and I got my first JP for the year. 3 fish were caught on the yo and once again another one on the surface. Hope that helps.

Attachments

schoebo

KICK HIS ASS SEABASS.
May 1, 2006
O.C.
Name
JOEY
Boat
22 WELLCRAFT BELLA
go blue!

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
I would rather have my teeth drilled than fish on a boat with 66 other people.

..........dont get me wrong, I love combat fishing. :D

you, sir, are in a completely different league! Wow........good job on the JP! :appl:

LA Smoker

Jul 12, 2007
LA buey
Name
Bob
I would rather have my teeth drilled than fish on a boat with 66 other people.

..........dont get me wrong, I love combat fishing. :D

you, sir, are in a completely different league! Wow........good job on the JP! :appl:
Thanks Mikey. Trust me, if I wouldve known it was going to be a 67 load day, I wouldve turned around and gone back to bed. There were a lot of kids on the boat, due to spring break.

Wandering Blues

Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
We were out Sunday with 67. It was a tight fit. Hats off to the crew for keeping it all going. I wouldn't fish heavy like that again, but now I know.

geno machino

"Relax" - Everything is going to be just fine!
Feb 9, 2007
O'side
Name
Gene
Boat
Revo 13
NICE!:D

WTG

Geno

Oingo

Seasoned veteran
Sep 13, 2005
Name
rw
Boat
DUDE! NICE JELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yft1979

Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat
-
Nice fish dude! That boat looked crowded on saturday when we were next to you. Must have been rediculous with 16 more folks the next day!

I did fish the electra one day with close to 80 as a kid, not so much fun!

pv apollo

Mar 6, 2008
hemet,ca
Name
scott
Boat
23 palm beach, PV APOLLO(sold)
Like the others said congrats on the fat yellow! Looks like things are heating up...

harryo

harryo
May 9, 2005
San Diego
Name
Harry Okuda
Boat
sold
You is the man! WTG! Must of have been a humongous jackpot with 67 peeps at 5 bucks a crack. Nice payday! Seaya!
harryo

Goijo

Jul 29, 2005
San Diego
Name
Gary
Boat
21' Grady White "Get Bent"
What color jigs on the yoyo's ... was the surface one any different, maybe chrome because the fish were down - even though the chum was up ... etc. etc.??? Never had much luck with moss backs on chrome for some reason, but thought I'd check.

yft1979

Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat
-
birdshit color worked for me

Goijo

Jul 29, 2005
San Diego
Name
Gary
Boat
21' Grady White "Get Bent"

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Considering the number of anglers and the amount of fish(yellow tail) caught on those 2 trips,I would say you did pretty good.

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Nice yellow and WTG on your first JP fish.

j

LA Smoker

Jul 12, 2007
LA buey
Name
Bob
You is the man! WTG! Must of have been a humongous jackpot with 67 peeps at 5 bucks a crack. Nice payday! Seaya!
harryo
Thx Harry, Jackpot was over $250.00 I heard but I gave it all to the crew after deducting my galley tab. With 4 yellows and 20 some odd rockfish to fillet, the crew needed it. Watch me crusin around in my new $250.00 "San Diego" T-shirt.

What color jigs on the yoyo's ... was the surface one any different, maybe chrome because the fish were down - even though the chum was up ... etc. etc.??? Never had much luck with moss backs on chrome for some reason, but thought I'd check.
Baby poop, booger, scrambled egg were getting hit the best that I noticed. Not sure what color the surface jig was but I'm pretty sure I didnt see any chrome all weekend.