Well-Known "Member"
Feb 25, 2010
Santa Ana, Ca
Name
KJ
Boat
Whichever one I'm on
June 23 2020:

Jumped on the San Diego out of Seaforth with 30 anglers. We motored down to the Coronado Islands like every other 3/4 day boat. The first two stops held about 20 good size YT before 10am. We motored away from the islands to trip into a school that was away from the rest of the fleet. Picked a few bonito. Then back to the island and found 2 more spots that were holding fish by mid-afternoon. Finished up with 89 YT and a few nice size sculpin and big calico bass. All the YT were real decent, between 20-35#

Ryan and his crew did a great job. Arguably the best 3/4 day boat out of all 3 landings in San Diego. The landing made check in very painless due to the Covid restrictions.

2.jpeg

Last edited:

Phat Boat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Thanks for the report and what a fun grade of fish. The boat San Diego is a great operation.

Reactions: Cbaldwin

Fins in the Bin

Jun 10, 2004
Jamul
Name
used to fish
Boat
50 Silverton
Rookie mistake...always call that a 10 pound fish in BD.

Its like walking into a crowded college weight room and yelling that you can bench 350
That shits getting checked ever time.

Some guys here are just negative, but it is an old school rule you better be in the ballpark or under if your going to put a picture up of a 12 pound fish. those are great fish, but they aint anywhere close to 20-35, get a scale and be blown away at how far off most guys are when estimating fish weight.

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Yellowtail were bigger 6/22 then 6/19

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Moooo!
Thanks for the report. I’ll be trying the San Diego again this season, picked up some passes from the Rollo booth at Fred Hall. My only other trip on the boat I got skunked, only ran into picky bluefin.

Cole418

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 18, 2019
Encinitas
Name
Cole
Boat
Freedom Boat Club
993E5E30-C229-41A7-BA5A-AE70E0BAFF49.jpeg
Yea it’s always an eye opener when you put on the scale...

Thought this one was a solid 20 maybe a few pounds more.

Once we got home it weighed in at 18... I’m sure we lost some weight after bleeding but... probably not more than a pound or two.

Reactions: plj46