3/4 day help... the San Diego or Sea Adventure 80

H&M SeaAdventure 80 or Seaforth San Deigo for 3/4 day?

• Sea Adventure 80

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seaforth

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pooberto

Apr 9, 2010
San Diego, CA
Name
Nick Pooh
Boat
only in my dreams
I was just wondering what you all thought between those two boats for tomorrow...

I usually would go for the San Diego but H&M has the Sea Adventure 80 doing a special 3/4 DAY run tomorrow.

HELP A ROOKIE OUT!

--Pooberto

Upvote 0

tunashark

Almost A Member
Mar 23, 2010
santee ca.
Name
terry
Boat
none
i fish the san diego capt. ryan will work hard to put you on fish .don 't know much about the other boat but being the weekend + the SPECIAL = MOO I don 't like to fish in a herd

Upvote 0

FLAASH

Mar 14, 2010
KLANTEE
Name
JESSE
Boat
YARD SALE
Mission Belle II is my pick for a 3/4 day, just my opinion. cant remember the Capt's name, but the guy will fish his ass off, and the crew the he has outstanding. sometimes the DEAL, isn't worth the headaches, just saying.

Upvote 0

get some

So Cal Editor
BD Writer
May 1, 2005
LBC
Name
Erik
Boat
Robalo 226 Cayman
I would go with the San Diego.
For the money, I'd rather fish with a crew that spends every day at the Coronados rather than an overnight boat running a 3/4 day.
The most important thing when fishing down there is networking and I can assure you that the SD has a better group than the SA.

Upvote 0

bennye

The Yellow Killer
Apr 25, 2006
Escondido
Name
Benny
Boat
0,Prowler 15, Kayak
Go with Caption Ryan. He's great. Seaforth

Upvote 0

Jaydog

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 18, 2005
San Diego
Name
Jay
Boat
Mako 19'
I'm sure the SA 80 is a fine boat but who in the hell would really reccomend it over the SD for 3/4 day Islands fishing? Come on now who are the 2 SA 80 votes and please explain or give just 1 reason why you feel that way.

All the 3/4 day boats are good but the San Diego is like the Cadillac of 3/4 day fishing.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I'm sure the SA 80 is a fine boat but who in the hell would really reccomend it over the SD for 3/4 day Islands fishing? Come on now who are the 2 SA 80 votes and please explain or give just 1 reason why you feel that way.

All the 3/4 day boats are good but the San Diego is like the Cadillac of 3/4 day fishing.
    Just for the sake of discussion....
    No knock on the SD, but, it does tend to be more crowded than other boats. A turnoff for some...I look at it as a bigger jackpot:D

Upvote 0

Comin'InHeavy

Productions. Ohwow.
    Aug 2, 2008
    O.B.
    Name
    E$
    Boat
    Full Day & prvt boats. Angler, not owner.
    I may be biased never having been on the SA but I've never had a bad experience with Capt. Ryan and the SD. I haven't always come home with fish but it's not from lack of trying by Capt. Ryan and crew.

I also like the comfy layout of the SD with regards to rod holder space and places to sit and put your stuff even when the boat is at max. But that's just personal preference. Hands down my boat of choice for any 3/4 day trip!

Upvote 0

Pooberto

Apr 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Name
    Nick Pooh
    Boat
    only in my dreams
    Went on the SD and got yellow limits and 2 rockfish...

Thanks for the advice gentlemen.

Now I have 50#s of yellowtail fillets in my freezer!

Doesnt get much better than that!

Upvote 0