PENN

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
Monrovia ca united states
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
small weather window, 3 anxious teenagers, and you bloodydeckers telling me I should go fishing if I can. So, my boys and I went! thank you!

made it to SB island by 830am.
Some pretty tight, stacked up swells about 10 miles from the destination but we charged on!
1st stop on 170’, a nice sheepshead, chucklehead and some whitefish. drift was jacked up and the swell had my two youngers wheezy.
made a move to the high spot of the NW of the island. 3 quick limits of mixed rockfish. reds to 6 or 7lbs. whole squid dropper loo, salas irons, flat fall, game on. some good size starries in the mix as well.
jammed back to Catalina at 11am. my two younger (15 and 17) were needing some wind in their hair as they couldn’t kick the sickness. blasted over to cat at 35 knots. what a difference a couple hours makes and the swell at your back! hit a beach inside west cove. one juvenile seabass and a lost tanker. both on frozen squid with 1/2 oz slider. I’m 2/3 on seabass this year. only problem, both catches have been on shorties!!
anyhow, back at the dock at 3pm.
long but awesome day with the boys.

A week of weather ahead, a couple weeks of Covid bugout living, and then let’s go fishing.
May is gonna be bad ass, I can feel it!

have a good week everyone, stay safe!

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Awesome report I have same issue with both my kids they love to fish but get sick while doing it.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
    Monrovia ca united states
    Name
    Glen Mitchell
    Boat
    Sea Fox 248 Commander
    I stand corrected. We were guesstimating.
    i’m going to say 4-5 lbs.
    here’s a little vid. my boys focus on getting home, cleaning fish , the boat, gear, then eating dinner with momma. Not making much time for pics. but son snapped a quick video.
    6’ patio table for size reference.

Attachments

• 1EC1A826-B630-4FC9-9C29-538221C6DD56.mov
      1.9 MB · Views: 432
    Reactions: mark johnsen
    Upvote 0