Captain in Learning
Jun 4, 2011
Laguna Niguel
Name
Cabo Jack
Boat
Cobia 261
Larry,
Glad I could get you pumped up! We stayed at The Hotel Oasis as we have for every year we have been there. They will make all the fishing arrangements for you as well. If you want to work through an agent which will include all air and ground transport, check with John and Sheri at Blue Water Tours. There are also many options through VRBO now, also.

We are heading back in July for brutal heat and awesome Dorado fishing that comes with it! Good luck and me if I can help with anything else.
Can you tell what VRBO stands for?

AndyJ

Undocumented "Member"
May 8, 2008
Dana Point CA
Name
Andy Jakubas
Boat
18.5 Cobalt
Great report. Thanks for sharing your trip to paradise with the bonus of awesome yellowtail fishing.

Reactions: Paddyman1

Paddyman1

A mossback is better than a hairy back
Nov 7, 2010
La Costa Izquierda
Name
Steve
Boat
N/A
Really nice write up...always wanted to try Loreto for a vacation
You’ll be glad to did, Jon. IMO it is better than the big city of Cabo. No prostitution, spray paint on the wall or any kind of criminal activity. It’s truly an open door community with genuine, friendly people.

Tunaslam

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Fantastic trip, but you left out the meaning of your report "Title"?

All is good. I have never fished Loreto, I have fished Mulege, La Paz, East Cape and Cabo. Still have Bay of LA and Loreto on the bucket list.

How come no Yo Yo Iron fish?

Tunaslam

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Loreto is one of my favorite places on earth. Been there many times. Used to stay at the old Mission hotel or La Pinta. Haven't been there in at least 10 years now. Your excellent write up has got me fired up! I'm going to get my buddies together and book a trip. Can you recommend a travel agent and hotel?
Would love to join you Larry?

Reactions: LEC

Paddyman1

Nov 7, 2010
La Costa Izquierda
Name
Steve
Boat
N/A
Beautiful family Steve
Your favorite fish to catch and it's a beauty

View attachment 1012279

PS You got lucky with Laura
Thanks, Corey. I do feel lucky.

This was my first time back to LTO since 2013. Watching over my dad with a flurry of health issues at 83 took priority. He was the one who introduced me to LTO 25 years ago. After losing him in 2016, it was finally time to return where we made so many memories.

Here we are on a double hook-up on my first trip! Those are Seeker trolling rods with 50 lb mono. I was beside myself!

Gil_Steve_loreto.jpg
Yellowtail.JPG

Paddyman1

Nov 7, 2010
La Costa Izquierda
Name
Steve
Boat
N/A
Fantastic trip, but you left out the meaning of your report "Title"?

All is good. I have never fished Loreto, I have fished Mulege, La Paz, East Cape and Cabo. Still have Bay of LA and Loreto on the bucket list.

How come no Yo Yo Iron fish?
There were a couple guys on one boat on day one that caught 8 fish in about 2 hours on the srambled egg surface iron. We didn't have any yellow iron as this was definitely the right choice. I bought a 4.4 oz yellow Megabait for day two, got bit right away, and my lousy albright pulled and it was over. Back to the dependable macs!

It's a 1 hour 45 minute flight from LAX, and a 6 minute drive from the LTO airport to town. This should be an easy item to remove from the list, Cory!

beerman1

Jul 14, 2014
OC
Name
eric
Boat
triumph 17 CC
Thanks for the Post...I need to get back there as well. What does a Panga go for a day currently? I haven't been down there in 30 years so I'm sure its changed.

Blackfish

Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Sep 20, 2005
In a Pineapple, under the sea.
Name
Lee Obvious
Boat
50' Hatteras
Great report. I have have been to Lereto, but its on my bucket list. Fished the Sea of Cortes many times. I was thinking about taking my wife to Leroto. I will have to show her your post.

Paddyman1

Nov 7, 2010
La Costa Izquierda
Name
Steve
Boat
N/A
Thanks for the Post...I need to get back there as well. What does a Panga go for a day currently? I haven't been down there in 30 years so I'm sure its changed.
I work directly with my friend who charges $250 for the day. Through a hotel the same panga will be about $300. If you work direct with the capitan, his tip would be included in that amount. Through a hotel where they will take at least half, so the capitan could use a tip.
Considering where you're fishing and incredible species, a steal would be an understatement, IMO.

Reactions: clevel