3/20 La Jolla

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by MATTUSMC, Mar 21, 2016.

1. franklococo111@

[email protected] allwyas fishing

Name:
    frank
    Boat:
    None
    Where abouts in la jolla where you fishing?

2. Reel hip

Reel hip Meet my "Well known Member"

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Yes its very fun when they get old enough to go. Then in time theirs will go too!

20160215_133936_resized.jpg

Hardcor likes this.
  3. jim isbell

jim isbell Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jim Isbell
    Boat:
    19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
    Talking about kids and boats--here is one from this last season. Took son's family including two kids--one three, the other two. When we came up to the dock at Long Beach, I tied up and got out. A HUGE Sea Lion was hanging around that dock, right there on 2nd street. A guy coming in behind me tossed a dead Bonito to the animal, then tied up. As my two grandkids came up onto the dock, Mom had them both by the hands, with a bag of supplies from the day, dangling from her arm. The huge animal slipped up onto the dock, pretty as you please thinking she had food in her bag. Those two kids looked pretty damn small about 18 inches from that beast. All adults just about shit--kids of course oblivious

4. jscrib

jscrib Whale Cock

Name:
    j
    Boat:
    VS
    Nice going! :hali_olutta:

Taking my son Evan out tomorrow. He just turned 3. Had him out at 2 years old a few times. He had fun but, more stressful for me.

Such a huge difference now that he's 3.

j

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  5. ranchero

ranchero fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    25 skipjack -Albatross
    He's farther along than you think... Time for some little grundens, a hat , and some quality polarized glasses.

Can wait to get out with my 2 sons in couple weeks. Last spring at ci with >20lbs yt I used heavy 2 speed reels (daiwa sld 20 2spd) w 40/50 lb with mag30 deep divers. The kids could keep rod in the holders and crank low gear while I went in and out of idle troll. Seeing expression on their face when a fat yellow surfaced was priceless... then the gaff shot to a nice fat YT disoriented by being wenched into the stern. But the reel screams like the dickens on first run. And I do need to kick it's ass for 3-5 minutes (or maybe I just tell myself that) to turn their heads before I place pole back in holder and give to kids.

6. Danthefishman

Danthefishman Member

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    19ft aluminum
    Nice work! My boy just turned one and I'm really having to talk myself out of buying a boat for a little while longer. Realistically he probably still has a couple years before he's ready, but man am I excited to get him out there with me.