fishnfool2

Chapo
May 18, 2010
IE menifee ca
Name
chapo
Boat
Outrider Sportfishing
So last weekend my buddy got a 25# yellowtail and I did not . but I was not going to let it go .So a fellow BD Guy Adam aka Vibora and I hooked up for the first time let me say he is a great guy and is always welcome back on
20161204_123134.jpg
20161204_123129.jpg
20161204_143512.jpg
my boat . but we ran back to La Jolla with a game plan to do some rockfishing and wait for birds. And sure enough around 10 o'clock the bird started working but we just cannot get to them fast enough we saw a kayak hook up and while fighting his fish he gets slammed on his second rod. and that was that it was over as fast as it started . so we go back to bottom fishing and at about 11:30 we start to see the birds again but this time we were ready we get on them I take a long cast and BAM!!! I'm on . It's a good yellowtail I'm hooked up I quickly get his head turned and I'm putting hurt on it . so I started to get cocky when the fish makes a long run and then another then I see it DOG I started to yell at Adam to get on the wheel and start doing circles he doesn't even ask questions he just jumped and did it without knowing what was going on then he figured out we were circling my line with the boat and keeping the seal off of my fish about 5 minutes into it he sticks the Gaff in fish was pretty much dead and the dog was pissed . All and all good day with a naw friend .about 120 ' of water and anchovy color flatfall 25 # fluorocarbon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Good report. Bet auto correct messed up?? What kind of jig anchovy???? Thanks

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
Atta Boys! Thanks for the report.

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Good catch bro! Way to execute the gameplan and be to be ready when it counted. Love that you circled your line to keep the dog away. We haven't tried that before. How do you avoid running over your line?

Upvote 0

fishnfool2

Chapo
    May 18, 2010
    IE menifee ca
    Name
    chapo
    Boat
    Outrider Sportfishing
    Don't know I just keep the rod pointed off the same side of the boat we were turning really tight circles with a line straight up and down and it worked that dog looked real frustrated when we were done
    Good catch bro! Way to execute the gameplan and be to be ready when it counted. Love that you circled your line to keep the dog away. We haven't tried that before. How do you avoid running over your line?

Upvote 0

nick worn

Aug 30, 2016
    san diego
    Name
    I-farted in
    Boat
    Your mother
    That guy on the kayak was myself!, I believe I was speaking to just northwest of the condo after you hooked that YT. Mentioning to us if we were like WTF is that guy doing! LOL Nice catch dude, both those yellows pushed over 34inches and 20-21lbs.
    Good Luck in the future, probably see you at there again, I'm an every weekend LJ yakker!!

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Nice job and write-up, congratulations!

Upvote 0

Foss

Senior Fossil
    Dec 16, 2003
    Bay Park
    www.jackinnis.com
    Name
    Jack
    Boat
    Not My Ride
    Nice fish and report. Good tip on keeping the fur bag off of your fish.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Nice fish! I love the score > Fisherman 1 dog 0

Upvote 0