28 ft skipjack research

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
I would help, but mine is not a factory built 28

Reactions: SkipJack Boats

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Mine has 2 80 gallon tanks under the deck and 1 90 gallon tank in the bow. No transfer pump, just a selection valve

Farpoint

Sep 18, 2019
Nanoose Bay, BC
Name
FarPoint
Boat
52 Maritimo, 28 Skipjack, 733 Zodiac Hurricane
Mine has a tank in the bow, and a transfer pump.
What do you need?

SkipJack Boats
SkipJack Boats
A customer told me that his pump went out. I knew nothing about a pump in a 28. This company has only made boats since 2003 and we have few records about earlier boat models.
Where is the pump located?
Thanks
Upvote 0

Farpoint

Sep 18, 2019
Nanoose Bay, BC
Name
FarPoint
Boat
Mine has a tank in the bow, and a transfer pump.
What do you need?
My pump is located in the engine compartment. Above the aft end of the main fuel tank. And slightly to port. The supply hose comes from forward along the port side under the galley and through the aft bulkhead. The short discharge hose is routed into a stainless steel T thats in the main fuel fill hose. There is also another fitting in that T fitting for the engine return lines. I can get pics to you if needed as I’m rewiring everything in the engine compartment right now.

fishharvester

May 23, 2013
harbor city ca. usa
Name
steve
Boat
sixpackjack
My pump is located in the engine compartment. Above the aft end of the main fuel tank. And slightly to port. The supply hose comes from forward along the port side under the galley and through the aft bulkhead. The short discharge hose is routed into a stainless steel T thats in the main fuel fill hose. There is also another fitting in that T fitting for the engine return lines. I can get pics to you if needed as I’m rewiring everything in the engine compartment right now.
Big Mike from Skipjack was enquiring on my behalf, fishharvester. You mentioned pictures, that would be fantastic, if still available. I have a 45 gls bow tank and 140 gls. main.

Farpoint

Sep 18, 2019
Nanoose Bay, BC
Name
FarPoint
Boat
Big Mike from Skipjack was enquiring on my behalf, fishharvester. You mentioned pictures, that would be fantastic, if still available. I have a 45 gls bow tank and 140 gls. main.
I'll be back at the boat today - it's still in my shop and the engine compartment is in a bit of an uproar right now - but I'll do my best!
Maybe tonight for pics...

Farpoint

Sep 18, 2019
Nanoose Bay, BC
Name
FarPoint
Boat
I'll be back at the boat today - it's still in my shop and the engine compartment is in a bit of an uproar right now - but I'll do my best!
Maybe tonight for pics...
i was called away for a few days. Will be getting back to the this weekend.
Standby…

Upvote 0

Farpoint

Sep 18, 2019
Nanoose Bay, BC
Name
FarPoint
Boat
will due and thanks
i have several different projects going on in the engine compartment - so looks kinda messy. And the fuel transfer pump isn’t wired in yet.
but this seems to be the factory location . The aluminum tube with the 90 in it is the tank fill pipe. To port of that is a insert (manifold) in the fill line with engine return lines and the fuel transfer line from the pump. Again, has to be factory. No way to get that forward tank in after boat is put together.

B4D24CDF-83F3-411F-8101-F709A302ED27.jpeg

B93AEE25-BE77-4EA9-B026-B315240F2EF6.jpeg

F
fishharvester
Appreciate the pics. I won't be able to check until end of week or so (trailer shop). Don't know if electrical or mechanical problem.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0