Big Bay Yachts

sd_ahab

Mar 7, 2010
San Diego CA
Name
Michael
Boat
Fully Spent
Price reduction. $37k. Eisenglass is finished an installed. New alternator on starboard motor

This boat will be going to a broker in two weeks, but thought we'd throw it up here at a discount to see if we could keep it in the BD family. We have new Eisenglass on order and once it's delivered it is broker bound. Broker will be listing it at 50k, here we are asking 42k. The boat is well equipped for fishing with large center mounted bait tank and tackle station. Easily fishes 4 to 5 in the cockpit. It's been a real fishy boat for us with good range and economical to run. Great dive platform as well.

Features

Volvo d3 diesels with 1000 hours, installed in 2007. One recently rebuilt. (Less then two hundred hours on rebuild)
Furuno Radar and fish finder, nav GPS, all separate units.
Autopilot
2 VHF radios
Windlass with 200' of chain
Spare Anchor and rode
4 underwater lights
2 deck lights
New Eisenglass
Swim step with ladder
Raw water spigot in the cockpit
Fresh hot and cold water on the transom (great for diving)
Bait tank (2 scoop+) with built in tackle station (BD sticker included At no extra charge)
6 rod holders in the cockpit + rocket launcher
Stows 8 rods in the cabin
Outriggers
Inverter
Battery charger
Microwave
Fridge
Hot water heater
Two burner range top
Sirius radio with four separate sound zones, berth, cabin, bridge and cockpit
Flush head with macerator holding tank
Sleeps 4
Ghosts of countless fish and lobsters

PM me if you want to see it.

IMAG0828.jpg

IMAG0823.jpg

IMAG0842.jpg

IMAG0845.jpg

IMAG0838.jpg

IMAG0829.jpg

IMAG0832.jpg

IMAG0833.jpg

IMAG0824.jpg

IMAG0827.jpg

IMAG0818.jpg

View attachment 509393

IMAG0820.jpg

IMAG0822.jpg

IMAG0819.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sd_ahab

Mar 7, 2010
San Diego CA
Name
Michael
Boat
Fully Spent
Forgot to mention the year it was built, 1978.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sd_ahab

Mar 7, 2010
San Diego CA
Name
Michael
Boat
Fully Spent
We get just better than 1mpg getting there, but if we are taking it easy, trolling or otherwise holding back we get about 3. It's in marina village in quivera basin.

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
That's a very nice 28'.

I'd also include engine HP and cruise/max speed numbers.

Good luck with the sale.

Upvote 0

91mar709

Jun 16, 2010
San Carlos, Mexico
These are great Mexico fishing boats...fuel capacity? who does the service on the engines? Why was the one engine rebuilt did it inhale any water? Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Spencer
Boat
35 Cabo
The boat holds 160 gallons of fuel. Most maintenance, including original repower and recent rebuild have been done by Cogswell Marine in chula vista. When we purchased the boat we moved away from Cogswell to a mechanic we already knew. Long story short, he broke one the oil dipsticks and replaced it with one that was 3 inches shorter. Well the motor was overfilled with oil and the rest is history. That trip to the yard was a little over 35k, we had some other work done too, mainly maintenance and we also replaced the stock Bertram rudders with some oversize ones that allow you to steer when only one motor is running. Cogswell did all this work.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
I use to be slipped next to this boat when James owned it.......it's a beautiful boat.....

Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Spencer
Boat
35 Cabo
Beam on the boat is 11', and the motors are 160hp each. As far as speed, We had her out last weekend and got her to almost 16 knots at 3600 rpms, and she has a redline of 4000rpms. She's not a rocket but to be honest, the speed never really bothered us all that much. On our long trips looking for tuna, we usually leave the night before and run down at 6 knots to save fuel and to be on the grounds at gray light, and we usually troll most of the way home. I know I prefer being on the water than most other things, so a bit of extra time on the way back never bothered me. Most of the time we are running her at 3000 rpms though, at about 12 knots.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Hey Michael how you doing?........

Upvote 0