277 losing hope

clizza

Oct 3, 2012
fontana ca us
Name
cliff
Boat
a-saltweapon
Headed out of Long beach on 11/10/19. Got a great scoop form nacho. rough seas until we hit the slide then the ocean went grease flat. headed out to san clemente island. Hit the 277 and the mackerel bank. Finally saw a tiny foamer with some birds. threw the popper , live bait everything and they just sank out. They were bombing on the end of the island so i stayed back trolled up and down had one bonita. tried another foamer near a whale for nothing. Lot of gas and little to show for it. Missed on my last three trips. Should i get a new hobby I am losing faith.

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Skill outperforms faith on a regular basis.

Keep working at it because it seems as though you are due any day now.

Reactions: catalin

Zika

Chum-Master
Aug 17, 2006
North County
Name
Robert
Boat
21 Bayliner Trophy (Cheap-BassTurd)
I did 3 or 4 trips on those dang tuna....and on Fri and Sat we hit paydirt !! One of the best trips this year for us !!

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Headed out of Long beach on 11/10/19. Got a great scoop form nacho. rough seas until we hit the slide then the ocean went grease flat. headed out to san clemente island. Hit the 277 and the mackerel bank. Finally saw a tiny foamer with some birds. threw the popper , live bait everything and they just sank out. They were bombing on the end of the island so i stayed back trolled up and down had one bonita. tried another foamer near a whale for nothing. Lot of gas and little to show for it. Missed on my last three trips. Should i get a new hobby I am losing faith.
Go south to SD.

Launch, head south, then turn right. Find the biting tuna 50 miles from shore.

I hate the OC/LA offshore fishing scene.

P

Paddyman1

Yes at least you saw fish and had an opportunity! My summer has been full of paying dues, with not one tuna after several hundred dollars, several hundred miles and limited time off to try. You are not alone. Keep at it!

clizza

Oct 3, 2012
fontana ca us
Name
cliff
Boat
a-saltweapon
Yes at least you saw fish and had an opportunity! My summer has been full of paying dues, with not one tuna after several hundred dollars, several hundred miles and limited time off to try. You are not alone. Keep at it!
Thanks man same thing. This community on here helps for sure.

miaf

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
Only several hundred dollars spent? You got off easy.:)