Bold #7

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
We also were at the 277 for most of the day saw a limited flurry of boils next to the Fury when we were close to them. But unlike last week no love. We saw no biters anywhere and heard of only 1 boat with 3 fish.

All my years of fishing fresh and saltwater I have had very little luck fishing a Santa Ana condition with high pressure
over the region. The ocean lays down but so do the fish. I have experienced this so many times and twice this season alone. I knew I should have stayed home but just couldn't.

Reactions: Blackfish

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Keep on trying. You will get them. I had completely opposite results on these conditions. Ill post report soon. It was wfo fishing on larger grade yft.

Just gotta keep looking for different schools and find that one that is willing to bite.

Reactions: Blackfish and Zika

Bold #7

Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
fishinguy
I have logged many years of fishing high pressure systems from Castaic to Vail to multiple ocean locations and always the same this has been since the 1970's. Years when I fished every week of the year no matter what, rain or shine. The best days were the day before a storm and pressure dropping.
This year alone we were on the Intrepid anchored for 2 days at SCI the first day fish on most of the day. The second high pressure glass like conditions no current
only a few fish. Yesterday the same spot same everything except a better fisherman with me, nada. But a beautiful day on the pond. The problem was I knew and expected it but the week before was too good to stay home.

spongehead

"ONE FISH AT A TIME"
Sep 12, 2010
garden grove, ca
Name
David
Boat
Maria
Keep on trukin my man at least theres less boat pressure out there and fish is stikin around..

Reactions: Fishingguy

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
Settled high pressure isn't the issue. You need to get away from the fleet. That batch of fish has been hammered for a month and just hasn't bit well. Best days are 3 or 4 fish. I agree a little wind can make it better but these fish have chewed just as well in high pressure. My best days this year have all been in the middle of a high pressure ridge.

Get away from the fleet. Look at the conditions that are in that area then find them elsewhere and you'll find fish away from everyone that will bite.

Reactions: Fishingguy

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker

Low N Slow

Senior Chief
Sep 4, 2016
Temecula
Name
Shawn
Boat
Sold - so I make a great ho now
Sometimes you're the pigeon... sometimes you're the statue.

Keep at it. Any day out there with friends is worth it.

Reactions: Blackfish

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
northeastern
I respectfully disagree. And spent hours away from the fleet.
I respectfully hate all of you because I dragged my boat all the way from COLORADO and met a cold front that pushed everything to the 181 and I was docked in Dana point

:D

Fish are indeed being caught in the high pressure. I know it's true because I seen it with my own eyes on the Internet! LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: kevina