rock&reel

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 26, 2007
Downey
Name
Dale
Boat
Proline
My son and I launched out of Dana Point by 5am and picked up some so so bait. The plan was to start at the 267 and work our way to the 209 searching for paddies and birds working. Trolled the the high spot for nada and starting trolling towards the 209 when one of the rods stating screaming. Fought the fish for a few minutes and when I get it to the boat, a 10 to 12 pound Yellowfin came unbuttoned. Looking around I see we now have a pod of dolphin around us. We scramble to get back in front of them a few more times to no avail. Anyways, worked our way to 209.....not a paddy in sight all day. Lots of whales and life.Things could be looking up locally.

Foss

Senior Fossil
Dec 16, 2003
Bay Park
www.jackinnis.com
Name
Jack
Boat
Not My Ride
Painful when they get so close then get away. Better luck next time and thanks for the report. :hali_olutta:

Grmanrocks

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 17, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Name
Spencer
Boat
26' Navy Whaleboat
good job on hooking the tuna. ill be out there Tuesday hoping to have similar results haha

lega*sea

Nov 18, 2011
canyon lake
Name
james
Boat
lega*sea 17' Arima sea ranger and SAUERFISH
awesome..... That was not a rumor. good good good

S

South Bend

Good report. With all the warm water, you knew that there has to be some suna mixed in. What kind of jig did it hit?

bigjsandyballs

Jan 7, 2008
La Mirada
Name
Julio Sandoval
Boat
Triumph 190 Bay
Great report. Thanks for the info. I'll be out there tomorrow.

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
First of all :ashamed: ... straight wood! It's only been almost 3 years!

Praying this NW backs off a little...a day or two more and it will kill the water!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jayyyy

Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
At least you know you were in the ballpark, next time it will be a blood bath, thanks.