hunter5x5

Ocfd
May 4, 2017
oak harbor
Name
dan
Boat
osprey 26
My bait tank scoop is forward of the transom mount ducer that I have. One of the 1000w ones. The scoop messes it up. Before installing the scoop the sounder picture was good. Be careful of things forward of your ducer.
Exactly what im afraid of

hunter5x5

Ocfd
May 4, 2017
oak harbor
Name
dan
Boat
osprey 26
From the two photos, I like option 2 better. I think being a couple of feet forward it ensures no turbulence from prop, year still far enough back to ensure no turbulence from bow.
So with the bracket on the rear the props are 4 feet behind the stern. The first photo is 14 inches forward of stern and the second is 3 1/2 feet, I'm thinking the two feet difference forward is not gonna make a difference, but I've never had thru hull before ?

hunter5x5

Ocfd
May 4, 2017
oak harbor
Name
dan
Boat
osprey 26
How's the ride and gas burn? Looks great
Still rigging all my stuff up, unfortunately I'm out of town for two weeks so it'll be towards the end of month before i get it on the water. Kitsap marina did a sea trial before delivery and they said it handled beautifully 35 mph cruise at 4k rpm and topped out at 53 mph.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
So with the bracket on the rear the props are 4 feet behind the stern. The first photo is 14 inches forward of stern and the second is 3 1/2 feet, I'm thinking the two feet difference forward is not gonna make a difference, but I've never had thru hull before ?
2 feet can make a world of difference. There is a lot of turbulence around the props even on a bracket... it may be fine, it may not.... kinda too late after you have a giant hole in the bottom of your boat. Better question is why not put it forward just to be sure? Do you see it working better at the rear location for some reason? Also as someone else pointed out the rear location is right next to a seacock which can cause turbulence too.

hunter5x5

Ocfd
May 4, 2017
oak harbor
Name
dan
Boat
osprey 26
2 feet can make a world of difference. There is a lot of turbulence around the props even on a bracket... it may be fine, it may not.... kinda too late after you have a giant hole in the bottom of your boat. Better question is why not put it forward just to be sure? Do you see it working better at the rear location for some reason? Also as someone else pointed out the rear location is right next to a seacock which can cause turbulence too.
The photo with it next to the sea cock is forward towards bow, it would be 3 1/2 feet forward of transom, photo of location near bilge pump is 14 inches forward of transom and down stream of intake. And ya giant hole is the reason im getting as much input as i can, thank you

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
The photo with it next to the sea cock is forward towards bow, it would be 3 1/2 feet forward of transom, photo of location near bilge pump is 14 inches forward of transom and down stream of intake. And ya giant hole is the reason im getting as much input as i can, thank you
Gotcha! Totally had myself turned around... the second photo away from seacock is the one I liked best.... maybe slip it forward just a smidge to keep distance from the prop wash.... on choppy days going up and down you could get turbulence...

Wild Bill

Remind me again why I own a boat
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
The props will not be a factor in either position. If the raw water intake is just
the mushroom variety, I think the more rearward position will be fine.

hunter5x5

Ocfd
May 4, 2017
oak harbor
Name
dan
Boat
osprey 26
The props will not be a factor in either position. If the raw water intake is just
the mushroom variety, I think the more rearward position will be fine.
It's a high speed pickup, so im thinking the forward position in line with the pickup is probably gonna be the cleanest water ?

Fish_on!

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 17, 2015
Oly
Name
Ben
Boat
18' Super Vee
Reactions: hunter5x5

efx

Nov 21, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Rich
Boat
28 Grady White - Miz Marengo
Beautiful boat. Good choice with the G2. Transducer placement will be fine in either location. The bilge will be wet so try to keep it out of standing water.

Wild Bill

Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Digital Ocean Camo, I dig it!

efx

Nov 21, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Rich
Boat
28 Grady White - Miz Marengo
Pacific edge tanks have been in both of my Grady’s and they have been fantastic.

Wild Bill

Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
That boat ought to go pretty good. Those 4 blade props will give you some stern lift also which probably benefits your Osprey. My boat doesn’t need any stern lift and 4 blade props we’re a hot mess in a big following.

hunter5x5

Ocfd
May 4, 2017
oak harbor
Name
dan
Boat
osprey 26
if that’s really 2.1mpg at 36mph, that is awesome. 52mph is sweet, but needs glassy water I am sure.
52 felt like warp speed. Had 4 people and shrimp gear on yesterday with about one foot chop. It was bouncing between 2.1 and 2.2 at 36, cruising at 43 i was still getting 1.8

Reactions: TonyG

Jeffsk7

Jan 5, 2011
Port Orchard/wa/USA
Name
Jeff
Boat
24 Osprey-Thirsty
52 felt like warp speed. Had 4 people and shrimp gear on yesterday with about one foot chop. It was bouncing between 2.1 and 2.2 at 36, cruising at 43 i was still getting 1.8
That's impressive. My twin 200 ho g1's. With 4 blade props get 1.6 max in the sound and about 1.2-1.4 loaded in the ocean. Ospreys are definitely not the most efficient hull. Your boat looks great!