Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
20' Custom Fishing Skiff by Trophy, Pacific Edge and Rail Makers. The thing around my neck shuts off the motor if I fall overboard MOB/ $300.00 can save your life
Plan full day patty of hopping
6am Along side the receiver all my mixed sized sardines did well in the warm water 25 miles South of the Harbor
Flat calm conditions all day long with warm blue water with some patchy off color currents 25 miles offshore no other boats around at first light
8am First stop on my own private Kelp for 6 Med Dorado both the big or little sardines worked well
9am Waved a father/son Grady White in for instant bite
Stayed with it for an hour but all the days Kelps only allowed you "3 passes" then lock jaw
11am- 2pm Fished 5 big Kelps by the 2 bunking tankers all by my lonesome #3 kelp had all big Dorado's I got this one and one smaller called in a Grand Banks
2pm Wrapping up the day on the trip back the Kelps got bigger at 20-15 miles but no one home, a lot of boats fishing my scraps and using poor etiquette it seems from my VHF squawking away

Good luck this weekend..............

The small Fish Billy is for this reason it saves you from shattering fiberglass if and when you miss

Last edited:

Cbaldwin

A whales vagina
Jul 14, 2016
La Mesa
Name
Connor Baldwin
Boat
yes
Well done. Thanks for report. I cant fish till next week , hoping..... I will be living vicariously through all your reports here on bloodydecks

Reactions: Geo-Fish

fv1500

Fishn' Frank
Jul 6, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Frank
Boat
n/a
Throwing a wet beach towel or burlap bag over their eyes so they can't see seems to help calm a thrashing Dorado. Then give them the club.

We once had to cut our day short cuz an ape shit bull dorado hit one of our older anglers in the leg and caused a huge hematoma.

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
Jun 22, 2014
No Grave But the Sea
Name
Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
Boat
Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
Devo, I was going to send you a PM. Did you use to run the Reel Fun way back in the day?

Billy L

USCG licensed Captain
Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’ Whalers
Nah. Looks more like Chuckie with the knife in the movie.:rofl::rofl:
I don’t think I can sleep tonight.
Definitely not easy to fish solo and gaff especially a dodo.

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
I don’t think you hit the dodo with your club
I think you beat the crap out of em

Good catch brother :appl:

masterbaiter#2

masterbaiter
Jun 13, 2005
La Mirada
Name
MIKE
Boat
2011 210 wellcraft fishermen (NO WORRIES )
Capt devo. Taking my son out in the morning possibly. Tried to pm you. Were you fishing in tight or would you be willing to share any more info with me?

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
Devo, I was going to send you a PM. Did you use to run the Reel Fun way back in the day?
I worked on all the boats there plus many others in Monterey, Morro Bay, Avila, Sana Diego also ran many oil and supply boats up and down the coast. Yes Reel Fun is there oldest boat.

Last edited:

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
Capt devo. Taking my son out in the morning possibly. Tried to pm you. Were you fishing in tight or would you be willing to share any more info with me?
Mike get back to us if you can, my report was pretty clear..... Offshore 25 miles South of Oceanside but anyways what did you and your boy end up with yesterday hope you two slayed them !!!

I'm going the distance all the way to the "Blue Fin Grounds" solo Wed leaving early any buddy boaters want to join in ? Windy says calm all day.

4v1df12h1ng

Sensei
Feb 22, 2008
North County
Name
Who
Boat
yes pls
Dang!!! you look like you enjoyed beating the hell of that Dorado. It's like watching a serial killer on the rampage. Did it spit or cuz at you like Rodney did?

Reactions: Capt Devo