Nov 30, 2003
OC
www.bassackwardsoc.com
Name
Chris
Boat
2007 Champion 183
They were tying there own Knots, our Everglades 243cc holds 80 gal

Dude, you went the extra mile for the fancy boat at the Fred Hall Show, did you do any planning or was that one of those spur of the moment, I have more money than brains, decisions? Glad you made it back on the last fuel light with the gas cans.

Jul 4, 2006
San Diego
Name
Tony
Boat
17.5' Seaswirl c/c
Wow!! This is what I read at the top of the article:

"Offshore Reports Southern California USA Offshore banks for pelagic species"

Didn't know that included flaming someone for starting a fishing thread.

If you're really serious on the warnings just sent the guy a PM, and start your own thread on boat safety. Guess that isn't as "cute" as public flaming.

I only wished I was as perfect as the ones who attacked this guy. Then I would have never made a mistake in my life.

Oops, this should have been sent as a PM. Sorry.

bassnet

Nov 30, 2003
OC
www.bassackwardsoc.com
Name
Chris
Boat
2007 Champion 183

If you're really serious on the warnings just sent the guy a PM, and start your own thread on boat safety. Guess that isn't as "cute" as public flaming.

I only wished I was as perfect as the ones who attacked this guy. Then I would have never made a mistake in my life.

we've all made mistakes, hopefully people learn from it- charging that far like that, JIMHO is a risk. take it or leave it- I bet the guy that died via boat prop at Camp Wonderland in MB a couple weeks ago, or more so the guy that didn't know what the boat could do and backed over him, wished he had some info before that happened. It's not smart to drive a boat that you don't know what it can do as far as you can, just my opinion.

Not (no pun intended) to be a jerk, but when you see or hear reports about pig tails, kind of makes you wonder-

out of reach

Sep 13, 2004
san diego
Name
Joe
Boat
44' pacifica

Its a "Band Wagon" kinda thing.

speedgoat

Green Bastard
Jul 26, 2006
Parts Unknown
Name
Scott
Boat
S/V Grunion

I totally agree with that assessment. Guy took the time to post a report that can serve as a lesson to some. He pushed the limits, found them for his boat, and made it back home safely, despite having a less than spectacular day of fishing. Why jump his shit about it?

So he had the balls to find out where the edge is. Is that a big deal? He made it back home under his own power. Lesson learned.

I bet he had a nice day on the water even with all the failed knots, lost fish, and fuel worries. I'll take that over a day at the desk any day.

shinerunner

BARKING MOONBAT
Apr 25, 2003
loafers glory
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
none
I totally agree with that assessment. Guy took the time to post a report that can serve as a lesson to some. He pushed the limits, found them for his boat, and made it back home safely, despite having a less than spectacular day of fishing. Why jump his shit about it?

So he had the balls to find out where the edge is. Is that a big deal? He made it back home under his own power. Lesson learned.

I bet he had a nice day on the water even with all the failed knots, lost fish, and fuel worries. I'll take that over a day at the desk any day.
word

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
OUCH...now that sucks...THERE WILL BE BETTER DAYS...hang in there..get out there!

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
It took me a couple of years and a few fish to convince my friend that the "clinch" knot that his Dad taught him only worked for crappie and bluegill and that for larger fish the "improved clinch knot" was what he should tie... He can tie a Palomar knot now too!!!

Az.monkey

Oct 27, 2003
PQ
Visit site
Name
Karl
Boat
Which one ?

Spot On !
I know the comfort zone on my sled and won't push it ( well sometimes I do )
You'll never find the zone if you don't try to find it and that's something we've all done. Homie went out and had a day on the pond and got educated and was home without assist...Learning curve.... good day IMO

Steel Leader

Liquid Therapy
Aug 29, 2005
san diego
www.facebook.com
Name
marcus
Boat
27' seastar flybridge diesel
I have one word for you, DOUBLE SAN DIEGO JAM KNOT, ok so it's five words:food-smiley-014: learn the knot, loose fish no more.

OILAGER

Hecho en Estados Unidos
Apr 27, 2006
M Class Planet / Riverside
Name
Wayne
Boat
Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
The good news is that they left fish behind for someone else to get. The bad news he knows to bring 2 more gas cans the next time.

Guy

Sep 10, 2005
Hollister, CA
Name
Guy Winslow
Boat
Bitch sold it
Wow, I post a couple of dozen fish/dive reports over time and get a handful of attaboys, but post one that says we ALMOST ran out of gas and broke off a couple of fish at the knot and I get more hits than ever!!! excellent.

Humble Pie

Help Me Mr. Wizard
May 13, 2004
At Work #@&^%$#*&
www.baddawgsports.com
Name
Dan
Boat
landluber
As far as I see it, how do you know what your boats limits are, unless you push them, bring lots of cans, use em if you need them. I certainly wouldnt have the balls...but I give kudos to those who do.

Lot of time to spend on the water though on a CC...wasnt it pretty sloppy out there over the weekend?

paddyraid

Jun 9, 2006
los angeles
Name
michael
Boat
edgewater 247 cc
i'll post a 'tard thread tomorrow and see how many hits i can get. maybe i'll do something like... "Attempted to outrun customs boat to avoid getting checked, but to no avail" what do you guys think? will you give me shit for trying to outrun a cc with twin 250s???

wedfabcor

May 7, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Bill Davis
Boat
34' Riviera
Thanks for the report including locations - San Diego Offshore knot will work for 90% of the fishing that you do around here. It is listed on the Angler Center Website under fishing knots. Tough the learn the hardway, but you don't want curly cues. Congrats on going the distance - my friend has a 23' and a 105 gal tank and we haven't gotten up the guts to go that far yet, although we have made some 120 mile RT ventures.

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Wow, I post a couple of dozen fish/dive reports over time and get a handful of attaboys, but post one that says we ALMOST ran out of gas and broke off a couple of fish at the knot and I get more hits than ever!!! excellent.

It just their way of saying they care...:rofl:

Genelie

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 13, 2004
Lakeside,ca
Visit site
Name
Gene Horner
Boat
210 Triumph 21' genelie
Almost afraid to put in my 2 cents,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT who cares, I pushed my boat to the limit last weekend 150 miles, still had 1/4 tank left, holds 70 gal. Only thing in my mind was.....THANK goodness for vessel assit, thats what I pay them for...for the what if . :picknose:

bassnet

Nov 30, 2003
OC
www.bassackwardsoc.com
Name
Chris
Boat
2007 Champion 183
Sorry for the harsh responses Guy, my bad. Threw down those posts when I shouldn't have, you pulled it off and that's what matters. My apologies for the jerky posting, get 'em next time.