Big Bay Yachts

Chris Vance

Nov 22, 2019
san Diego
Name
Chris Vance
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
Its hard to split ways with my beautiful build but im listing my 1983 24' skipjack flybridge for sale. Volvo Penta Ad41A with duo prop 290 outdrive, all recently serviced and very well maintained. i purchased the boat back in 2018 and i think i did a great job on restoring it and fully customizing it to my liking, i recently finished a custom hard top with rod holders and electronics box on it. new bolster boards all around, new cabin cushions, and custom new bench seat up on the flybridge. boat has been completely repainted from top to bottom including deck paint, topside paint, outdrive paint, and bottom paint. New sound system includes bluetooth compatible deck with 2600 WATT amp with 2x 10" subs and 2x 6"x9" up in the flybridge and 2x 5.25" on back deck with a wired remote mounted in the transom for easy operation while fishing. dog house has been insulated with Dynamat for sound and added a newer fishing chair for comfort. new toilet with plumbing and new valves installed last christmas.

Simrad NSS EVO 3 12"
Airmar SS175h-W transducer
hummingbird 999ci HD Si with remote(used mostly for GPS and side imaging)
3 scoop offshore bait tank with Jabsco 50840 high flow bait tank pump
Trim tabs for a comfortable ride
Full size swim step (Which I use for my kill bag)
2 Rule bilge pumps (1x2000gl 1x 1100gl)
Wash down Hose for cockpit
Custom side shelves installed in cockpit for convenience with 6 blue led deck lights and 4 beer holders
Bait tank table with two more beer holders and plexiglass lid
Racor fuel filter
power steering cooler installed
transom mount fresh water motor wash out installed
aluminum custom dash panels with all gauges working ( temp, oil pressure, volts, RPM, and boost)
Dual axel Pacific trailer freshly galvanized coated in great condition with an electric jack in front so you never have to sit there cranking away to get it on and off your hitch, also side ladder built on the guide bunks for easy climb onto boat, very well maintained, new drums , brakes, seals and bearings, bearing buddies, and all new wiring and lights front to back!!! done about a year ago.
25 rod holders
80 gl diesel tank (always running red dye) plenty of range

Listing at 30k OBO, no low ballers and adding pictures soon.
and tons of extras not listed..... Water pump, exhaust, also a spare complete other Volvo Penta 290 Dp matching outdrive

2B97BA41-C137-4E17-89C8-4133ADCBAC2B.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris Vance

Nov 22, 2019
san Diego
Name
Chris Vance
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
im honestly not positive with hours on the motor but looks great on the internals, Volvo Penta shop told me if they had to estimate they would say 2- 4k hours on it which is nothing for this diesel. cruising speed about 24mph and top speed about 30-32mph fuel burn im guessing 2-3 gl at least. 80 gallon tank with plenty of range

Upvote 0

Chris Vance

Nov 22, 2019
san Diego
Name
Chris Vance
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
whats the reason for selling? seems like you put a lot of time into her. always liked skipjacks but the down swell chime pull can get a little sketchy
Not sure what you mean by the down swell chime pull can get sketchy, but I am selling her because I own a business and do not have enough time to get out on the water and enjoy her. I have loved every bit of working on this boat since I have got her and she handles and cruises graciously out on the water.

Upvote 0

seanstewart

Skipjack Mafia
Sep 13, 2016
Santa Barbara, CA
Name
Sean Stewart
Boat
Skipjack 25' Fisherman
Someone is going to be stoked on this sled. I love my 25' skippy with the 41 in there. Great economy, reliability, and very capable boats. Skippys perform fine in a following swell as long as a complete dingus isn't at the helm and they cut through 2-3' chop like a hot knife through butter. GLWS!

Upvote 0

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
28’ Skippy is 6600lb

Reactions: Chris Vance
Upvote 0