For Sale 24' Skipjack Flybridge - Turnkey!

ryanhead

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 19, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
I'm selling my 1970 24' Skipjack Flybridge. Anyone who's ridden in one of these knows it's the perfect trailerable boat for socal waters. This particular model has a shallow V hull that planes easily and gets great mileage. It's easy to spot paddies from the flybridge and there's plenty of deck space for fishing as well as plenty of cabin space for naps on long offshore trips. The retractable top is nice because you can throw jigs from the bridge while coming up on fish. I had this posted a few months ago, but loaned it to a friend for a few months so he could see if he really enjoyed private boating. The boat ran great and was just at Catalina two weeks ago. You can buy this boat today and be chasing bluefin below the coronados tomorrow. Some notable specs:
  • New engine in 2008, new starter, alternator, intake manifold, throttle cable, raw water pump, carburetor, distributor, distributor wires, spark plugs, exhaust manifolds, exhaust risers, and exhaust hoses in 2016 (~2.5 mpg in calm waters with the boat fully loaded)
  • Lowrance HDS 8 sonar/chartplotter and Furuno radar
  • Two 36 watt LED spreader lights and Scotty 2500 line puller for deep-water lobster hooping
  • New VHF radio and antenna in 2016
A boat is only good if you can get it in the water, so I fixed up the trailer in February, adding vented disk brakes, new brake lines and a new brake actuator, a new jack, bearing buddies and a spare tire.

Asking $7,000. Interested in trades for a minivan, saltwater fishing gear, or landscaping work.
Front (2).jpg

Rear.jpg

Side.jpg

Bridge.jpg
Deck.jpg
Cabin.jpg
Engine.jpg
Tackle.jpg
Toilet.jpg
20180901_143231.jpg
Coupler.jpg
Fish.jpg
Lobster.jpg
On water.jpg
Front.jpg

Last edited:

ryanhead

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 19, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
No one is interested in a ready-to-run flybridge boat with big tuna being caught on full day cattle boats???

ryanhead

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 19, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
What kind of landscaping work you looking for?
Replacing drain lines, routing a drip system, installing a low retaining wall, bringing in a bunch of paver sand to level an area, transporting 10k pounds of tile, grout and thinset. Able to help with any of that?

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Great deal! I don’t have a mini van, and trading fishing gear would be counter intuitive... but the work things you mentioned sound like things I can handle. I got a diesel pickup and a flat utility trailer that are always ready to work.

ryanhead

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 19, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
That's correct. 2.5 mpg running in really flat water, around 2.2 mpg in normal offshore conditions. Boat planes around 16 mph, I like to cruise around 20-22 mph. I believe the tank capacity is a little over 100 gallons so you could theoretically run over 200 miles in a day at cruising speed. Practically, I've run 16 hour offshore trips and never worried about running out of fuel.

I did a major engine rebuild in 2016. I pulled the engine, stripped it down to a long block and replaced most of the components. The boat used to get 1.8 mpg with a holley carb, but I put in a edelbrock that gets far better efficiency and is easier to service.

Shoot me a text or call if you have any other questions. (310) 483-6253. Thanks for your interest!

ryanhead

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 19, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
Bump. Seems like everyone is shopping for boats this weekend. Have half a dozen people trying to come see it. Let me know if you're interested asap. I still think $7k for a ready-to-run 24' flybridge boat with refurbed trailer is an unbeatable deal. I paid more than that for just my trailer.

91mar709

Jun 16, 2010
San Carlos, Mexico
If someone out there wants to catch fish this might be the rig...$7k and you get a flybridge to spot fish no extra charge...radar, rod holders, updated trailer, he says cruise @ 20-22k get on it' man...

Last edited:

ryanhead

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 19, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
Might be letting this go for $5k tomorrow. Anyone want to beat that? Someone's getting a good deal on this. Text me ASAP if interested. 310-483-6253

gunahound

Sep 9, 2012
huntington beach, ca usa
Name
george
Boat
twisted anchor
is the boat water tight or does the bilge pump run alot. also do you know the weight. i assume it is fairly heavy as it is such an early year, which is a good thing.. doyou know if the fuel tank has been replaced. and how is the steering and condition of trailer. seems like a hellofa deal

ryanhead

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 19, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
24' Skipjack Flybridge
is the boat water tight or does the bilge pump run alot. also do you know the weight. i assume it is fairly heavy as it is such an early year, which is a good thing.. doyou know if the fuel tank has been replaced. and how is the steering and condition of trailer. seems like a hellofa deal
Boat is very water tight. I'm a mechanical engineer and little things bother me so even small leaks are unacceptable. Don't know the actual weight, but spec says 4,400 dry and she does ride heavy. After you ride in an old skippy you'll hate the way that modern Parkers ride. I can run through wind chop all day and you dont feel it in your back and knees. Fuel tank has been replaced, I know that's critical on old skippys. Trailer has a brand new disc brake system, including actuator, brake lines, vented hubs, calipers, bearings and races.