2320 with 300 Yamaha - Real World Fuel Economy?

Discussion in 'Parker - The Tradition Continues' started by 7raptor, Feb 4, 2018.

1. 7raptor

7raptor happy to be here

Name:
    yup
    Boat:
    A Big One
    Loaded up with fuel, ice, and 2-3 dudes for a weekend at clemente...what fuel economy are you guys seeing on the 2320 with the 300 yamaha?

2. SouthBayKiller

SouthBayKiller I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    none
    According to LTHU a few weeks, Brandon Hayward said he is getting from 1.8 to 2.3 on his charters.

bparker1225 likes this.
  3. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    With my old xca 250 I was getting 2+mpg. I just put a 300 xca on, haven’t ran it much yet but I expect it to increase .3-.5mpg especially because my Cruze rpm at 28-30mph dropped from about 4000rpm to 3300rpm. Easily worth it, the fuel savings and the fact that I know that the engine will last longer because it’s a bigger engine, handling the load will be less wear for the larger engine. Long run it will easily be worth the fuel savings and longevity of the engine. Plus it pushes the boat like a dream, on plane so fast no matter the weight. I wonder how heavy Brandon is when he’s running his charters. FYI if you want to do this try to do it immediately, New 300’s will be almost impossible to find this year call your local dealer

catalin and FHisherman like this.
  4. FHisherman

FHisherman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    Parker
    These numbers are with 2 guys, full of fuel but a little lighter load. 2320gauge.jpg

repo805 and brokenseal like this.
  5. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Prop also will affect numbers. Would be good to know engine and prop.

Plus permatrim?

6. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    Mines without a permatrim, gonna add one here before the summer. Don’t remember what prop. I’ll add the prop numbers here next week

7. vipertom1970

vipertom1970 Member

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 SL
    that was quick, did you get the new electronic control and who did the installation ?

8. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    Yea just ran that 250 for about 30 hrs than put the 300 on, but right after I had it put on I had to complete my move back to so cal. Only have one brief break in trip on the 300.

The boat came with electronic controls on it from 2015. And I must say the electronic controls are a dream to work with, very responsive and easy to bump up or down 100rpms at a time. West Coast marine did the engine swap, quite quickly I might add, although I bought the last 300 fly by wire they will have for about a year. Last I heard they had a couple cable controlled 300’s left.

CrazyDaisy likes this.
  9. djam

djam Newbie

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 (Terabite)
    My 2320, fully loaded with 1200lbs of guys, 65g in bait tank, 137g of fuel, 80# of ice plus gear and beer I get 1.8-2.0. If I dump half that I get 2.4-2.6 at 3800rpms and do about 28-30 depending on conditions. I have the Yamaha SWS II. Brad, who has the same boat and same motor gets about the same.

yellowfin111 likes this.
  10. |HEX|

|HEX| Member

Name:
    Hector F
    Boat:
    "Blue Dream II" Parker 2320sl
    I consistently average 2.2-2.3 cruising at 30-33mph at 4000-4300rpm with 3 guys, 80 gallons of fuel, ice, full dive gear, lots of beer, and rods. I'm using the Merc4 prop with hydrofoil, and 89 octane (not sure if that matters).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    FHisherman likes this.