2320 vs 2520

Discussion in 'Parker Boats - The Tradition Continues' started by vegasandre, Jun 2, 2018.

1. vegasandre

vegasandre I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    Any Boat that I can go on
    They should rename this Forum the 2320 forum as almost every single post lately has been 2320 related., not that I am complaining-it has been interesting.

Ok , so what are the plus and Minus of between the two models 2008 and newer?

Lately it seems a lot of 2320 = " 1 outboard(300), more fuel efficient, easier to trailer, less money overall " etc

I have been looking for a Newer 2520 with twin 200's for awhile(not at a california inflated price) . I will not be trailering the boat and will be keeping it in the water. Was looking for something with a little more size.

Let me know your thoughts on the two.

evilkhemist likes this.
  2. evilkhemist

evilkhemist Member

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Parker 2510xld
    I just upgraded from a Parker 2310 (2002) to a 2510 (2008). Not exactly what you are asking, but the pilot house and the walk around are very similar. The 2310 was easy to trailer and I was getting 2.3-2.6mp, really loved that boat. The 2510 is a lot bigger boat, especially with the 1 ft of extra beam. The 2510 is just as easy to trailer. As far as pounding, whichever everyone likes to bag on Parker’s about, its much less with the bigger boat. However, you can modify the 2310 with bigger tabs, 4blade prop, and permatrim to almost remove all pounding. I already added two permatrims to the 2510, which really helped to get the bow down. The only downside is the mpg. With a full load 200g of gas, 4 guys, 85g bait tank, 80lbs of ice and all the other gear, I am getting around 1.6-1.8 mpg. Motors are mounted all the way down, so I need to raise them and hopefully get a little better mpg. Honestly, the cost per trip with the inflated gas prices only cost around $80-100 more per trip. Well worth the extra space and comfort.

bparker1225 and vegasandre like this.
  3. Fowlplay

Fowlplay Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Mitchell
    Boat:
    Parker 2520 XLD"Bucket List"/20ft super vee
    I am running a 2011 2520xld with twin 150’s. 4 guys, 50 gallon bait tank, and 800#s of ice I am getting about 1.3-1.4mpg but that is in a lot rougher water then SoCal. After a few tweaks to get the boat how we want it there is not much we would trade it for. The 200s would be very sweet on this boat when we repower that’s the route we will go but the 150s do not do to bad I never feel like I need more power. I just think I would have better fuel burn with the 200s.

6BB9F5FE-FDC1-43DF-9545-4E960EFC4F29.jpeg D627475B-498C-4851-8875-E83214D962BE.jpeg C24189B0-0AE7-4015-9339-64CDFA505427.jpeg 7868AFCC-B957-482D-9CA6-BEEF756A6746.jpeg

A-K, Willdoggy and vegasandre like this.
  4. vegasandre

Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    That is a nice looking Rig! Sure is a lot rougher in the NW.. Looking at your great pics brings up another Parker question: The 2nd helm station outside. It seems like a lot of the East Coast Boats have them and most of the California Boats do not. I Guess a lot depends on the type fishing you do.

I know in So Cal is is better to have a Tower and Controls up top as we do a lot of sight fishing. I can see more downrigger/trolling type fishing and the 2nd helm station would be a help somewhat

5. Fowlplay

Fowlplay Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Mitchell
    Boat:
    Parker 2520 XLD"Bucket List"/20ft super vee
    The aft steering is pretty much a must for our fishing here or the driver doesn’t get to fish. Halibut and bottom fish you are backing into the current. Salmon and tuna trolling from the aft unless the bite is slow. The next purchase will be a tower for spotting birds and jumpers on the rare greasy flat days fishing for albies.

6. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
    They both pound... make sure you hang on....

yessokk likes this.
  7. starbright55

starbright55 Member

Name:
    TH
    Boat:
    17' Avon Searider
    6'2 headroom on a 23', 6'4 on a 25'....made for short people!

8. evilkhemist

evilkhemist Member

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Parker 2510xld
    You are like a broken record. I think we all get it, you don’t like Parkers. The OP was asking for a real comparison, not for your hearsay. I am sure your aqua sport is not without it’s flaws, but I bet you think.... err I mean you know that it’s the best boat made.

oceanski, Phat Matt, mikeyG and 10 others like this.
  9. ivane068

ivane068 Professional hide and seek player..

Name:
    Ivan
    Boat:
    Parker 2520 Fin Reaper
    Ive had both, biggest issue is trailering. If its going to be slipped and price isn't an issue go with the 25, you'll get a little more room. I had to buy a dually to tow the 25, its about as wide as a lane and sucks to maneuver when your fueling up. The ride isn't really any diffrent in either. Having twins on the back is going to burn a little more fuel but im the type who feels more comfortable being out further with two engines on board.

10. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
    No my boat has flaws too, but it don’t pound the living daylites out out you.
    Parker’s are built well but they beat you up yes I don’t like or fish Parker’s,,,
    My experiences comes from friends with Parker’s . Never compared it to my boat or others . Sadly they are rough riding boats.... that’s why there’s a big market for suspension seatposts. Designed for Parker’s
    Hey have a great day,,,

yessokk likes this.
  11. NGSD1

NGSD1 Dreamer

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    35 Cabo Express
    I have had a few Parkers and yes the ride is rougher but the pounding is very subjective. Yes I put the sea-spension seats in mine as it helped but the ride is not bad enough for me to say I would never own another. I really liked the 2520 XLD I had. I think for our waters it had a lot to offer over the 23 and if trailering was an issue then I would say go smaller. I had a GMC 2500 HD and it was not a dually but towed it very well. I took it to Baja and that is where the extra beam hurts as those highways are tight. If you are towing locally, I never had an issue. I kept mine in a slip for the most part. The new smaller 200's are a perfect pairing for this boat. I did wish my twin 150's had just a little more but that being said, it worked. Either one is a good choice but if you can live with the size, go for the 2520 XLD, you won't regret it. Talk to others that have owned them versus riding on them and you will get a better perspective of what the pro's and con's are.

12. Greg Busby

Greg Busby Newbie

Name:
    Greg Busby
    Boat:
    Parker 2520XL
    I have a 2004 Parker 2520XL with a 2007 Suzuki DF300. Been very happy with this setup although heavy with all add ons I'm still 2mpg. Love all the storage and am able to keep all rods below with a 8' rod the limit. Thinking of repowering down the road with the DF350 once the steering torque is resolved. With the 300 I can cruise at 30mph getting 2mpg when conditions are right. I'm in a slip so this is what works for me.

IMG_7358.JPG IMG_7787.JPG

brokenseal and vegasandre like this.
  13. djam

djam Member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 (Terabite)
    I have a 2320, I love the boat and the fact that I get good mpg. If the running cost wasn't an issue I'd rather have the 25 or possibly even the 28. Mostly for a little more creature comforts. I'd like a table and more inside storage. But the 2320 is cheaper and easier to run solo. A 200 mile day is about 90 gallons. A fully loaded trip to clemente is 90 gallons for me at about 2.1-2.3mpg. I can get consistent 2.4 if I slow up a bit and push one of my buddies over the side.

If you are always fishing 4 guys then the extra cost is worth it, if it's just you or you and a friend then 2320. My boat fishes 3 people good, 2 great. 4 is a little bit of a twister game. (my friends are all large people).

As for the ride, get bean bags. Yesterday in shitty weather both people with me fell asleep on the ride home and it was pounding.

I'd rather have a boat I can afford to fish 4x per month.

seasnake, vipertom1970, |HEX| and 2 others like this.
  14. cammackattack

cammackattack Member

Name:
    cory cammack
    Boat:
    25 whaler frontier
    I can start with I recently purchased a 2520sld this is the version with the notched transom and the deep vee
    Myself and my father have owned Blackman 26 bill fisher Boston whaler 25 frontier 18 whaler outrage and a twin vee 26
    Every boat has their trade offs

I have fished on a 23 a few times great platform easy to trailer decent mpg

The big differences that pushed me to mine are

23 does not come in deep vee version only motified vee (aka pounding )
    Cabin on 2520 even on my sld is much smaller
    Beam on 23 is 1 foot narrower and it’s quite a big difference in my opinion

The deep vee rode very well I was really surprised
    Another big thing that pushed me to my model was the notched transom
    The bracket adds a lot of cantilever weight out back making the boat ride very stern heavy

I don’t know much on the mpg yet I won’t know till end of season

Good luck with your decision

vegasandre likes this.
  15. A-K

A-K Member

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    2320 is 21 degrees of dead rise.

16. cammackattack

cammackattack Member

Name:
    cory cammack
    Boat:
    25 whaler frontier
    You are correct newer the 07 all 23 have a 21 degree deadrise
    My understanding and correct me if I’m wrong is on the deep vee over the motified it’s the Hull all he way thru
    My boat still has a vee at stearn where to me it seems the 21 and 23 models flatten out a bit more

17. capt. kirk

capt. kirk Member

Name:
    kirk
    Boat:
    parker 2520
    I own the 2520 (SL I think) with a 250 Yamaha on a cut out transom. The best part of this boat is the fishing room. I was amazed when I first got on it and I compared it to our Parker 23 center console... Just lots of room.

Fully loaded I average 1.5 - 1.6 lately. But a lot of that has been flying the kite at 2700 rpm (About 10 knots), not a very fuel efficient range.

I have the Modified V and love it. On the drift the boat is very stable.

Does it pound?? Depends on the weather and direction. But I will take a few hours of that, whilst hopefully on a stable drift, catching fish, the rest of the day.

vegasandre likes this.
  18. vegasandre

Name:
    Andre
    Boat:
    Thanks for the Reply's it is good to hear from owners of the 2520 in addition to the already abundant 2320 fans. If I got a killer deal(like unicorns) on a 2820 I would consider that one also. I know it is the same bean as the 2520 but obviously less fuel eff and more $$ to run /slip etc...

Question on all the 23-28 Parker's what do you think about the Head's? I know it is somewhat menial but if/when the wives/girls are on the boat I know it could be a small issue.

thanks

19. capt. kirk

capt. kirk Member

Name:
    kirk
    Boat:
    parker 2520
    I took that "head' off my boat after the first trip.

A guy gave us the toilet seat that fits on the top of a 5 gallon
    bucket and that works perfect.....

Even for the ladies....

20. FHisherman

FHisherman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    Parker
    I've spend lots of time in both the 2320 and 2520 XLD. 2320 will do everything the 2520 will do more economically and will tow easier behind a smaller rig. However the 2520 is just more boat all the way around. 9'6" beam, more room for 4 in the cab, rides better...just more substantial. It would be a budget and towing decision for me. And, if you think you're going to get Twofootitis in the future. Both great boats and you'd be happy either way.

FknChristopH and RideMX4life21 like this.